Banja La Mtsogolo
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to the national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 25 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of:
SECURITY GUARD (2)
Reporting Line: Facilities Officer
Location: Blantyre-Bangwe and Thyolo-Bvumbwe
The job holder shall offer security services to a BLM Clinic in ensuring security for the building and surrounding to which they are assigned including the equipment, employees and visitors.
- Ensuring security for buildings and surrounding to which they are assigned including the equipment, employees and visitors.
- Enforcing rules and regulations in controlling entry or exit to the clinic facility.
- Directing clients to designated officers and vehicle parking area.
- Conducting periodic inspection of all areas at designated times to ascertain their security and safety.
- Reporting to Management, at the clinic ofany incidents that may compromise security for BLM structures, equipment, employees and clients.
- Activate security alarm or whistle and respond to fire evacuation procedures in the event of firebreak.
- Keeping lost and found property, which may be found at clinic post and surrender to the clinic authorities for safe keeping pending re-claiming by right owners.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE).
- At least two years’ work experience in similar position.
- High levels of Honesty and Integrity.
- No criminal record for the past 6 years.
- Physically fit.
- Good communication skills.
- Be vigilant in taking pro-active actions in preventing crime incidents.
- Must be Pro-Choice.
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees (at least one reference from your current employer or most recent employer; or any previous employers from the recent past)
All applications should be addressed to:
The Corporate Services Director, Banja La Mtsogolo, P.O. Box 1854, LILONGWE.
And should be delivered by hand at Bangwe and Bvumbwe Banja la Mtsogolo Clinic respectively, not later than Friday 24th November 2023
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff members to share this commitment”.
BLM is an equal opportunity employer.