Welcome to our website! Careers Consulting Limited is Malawi’s professional HR Consultancy firm. We are based in Lilongwe and our offices are in European Business Centre, Old Town, Area 4 next to Immigration Office.
It was established to supply the market with high quality HR consulting services for the benefit of the labour market. We are experienced and qualified in the provision of HR advisory services including:
- staff placement
- employer of record
- payroll and records management
- designing and evaluating jobs;
- recruitment and selection;
- aptitude testing
- pre-employment checks and vetting
- systems design and development;
- training needs assessments;
- general HR and labour law advisory
- Outsourced HR
Through our website we maintain Malawi’s only professional jobs portal with updates every day of the week. Employers can post their jobs. Job posting services are available at a small fee.
Go through our pages and get to learn more about us.
Below are some of our services:
Employer of Record/Professional Employer Organisation
- We provide employer of record services for non-resident organizations or foreign organizations setting up operations in Malawi. Some of our clients include Carlcare, 888Africa, OneSight and many others.
Employee background/reference checks
- We are pre-employment checks market leaders in Malawi. We serve clients both within and outside Malawi. We have working relationships with the Zambian Employment Reference Bureau as well as Southern Africa’s highly regarded Managed Integrity Evaluation (MIE). We verify education credentials, police checks, identities (passport, Driver’s licence, National ID). With a turnaround time of 72 hours, we offer unparalleled service to the labour market in Malawi.
HR and Systems Design
- Undertaking research in HR and labour market issues (salary and employee satisfaction surveys and general labour market analysis). Recent assignments include salary survey undertaken for R4H formerly Rider for Health Malawi.
- Developing HR strategies;
- Developing HR and standard operating procedures, policy and guidelines;
- Developing/reviewing conditions of service/staff rules and regulations;
- Designing organisational structures,
- Analysing, evaluating and designing jobs, developing job descriptions and person specifications;
- Headhunting/executive search;
- Advertisement through our jobs board, https://careersmw.com, arguably Malawi’s only authoritative online jobs board; Our clients with annual subscriptions include Illovo Malawi, GOAL Malawi, Jhpiego Malawi, Baylor College of Medicine, PSI Malawi, Mzuzu University, Malawi AIDS Counseling and Resource Organization (MACRO) and many others.
- Advertising, screening, shortlisting and arranging interviews on behalf on clients; Our clients include The Foods Company MALDECO and National Smallholder Farmers’ Association of Malawi (NASFAM) and James Finlay Blantyre Limited.
- Aptitude testing
- Employee/employer database and records management;
- Career coaching and mentoring
- Candidate assessment
- Designing Performance Management Systems (360 degree and balanced scorecards, among others);
- Team building;
- Training needs identification and development of training and development interventions;
- Employee orientation/training. Our clients include the Lighthouse Trust.
- Payroll management. We run and manage payroll on behalf of clients;
- Staff outsourcing. We provide clients with staff to work on their projects either short or long term;
- HR advisory; general HR advisory services to organisations;
Our team is highly qualified and experienced and this sets us apart from the rest.