Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage an upcoming program in Malawi. The program will provide technical assistance/mentorship and direct implementation of comprehensive, evidence-based and tailored HIV and TB prevention, care, support and treatment interventions in established facilities in various provinces in Malawi.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project. The position is contingent upon award.
The Project Manager coordinates the planning and implementation of the program whilst ensuring optimal use of resources (human, financial and physical) with particular attention to project phasing and sustainability.
- Work with the Principal Investigator and Project Director to plan and execute the overall project and its stated activities in accordance with the goals of the organization and CDC’s rules and regulations.
- Lead the development of work plans through a stakeholder-driven process ensuring finalization within the first 3 months of program start up
- Work with finance, accounts and technical team to develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the project
- Ensure timely and cost-effective project implementation and reporting (the project delivers on scope, on schedule and on budget)
- Communicate with partners and stakeholders to gain support and synergize efforts for the project
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different project activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee reporting of program successes, outcomes, lessons learned, and challenges to PI, TD, MOH and other key stakeholders
- Routinely inform PD on implementation including successes and bottlenecks
- Supervises operations team and oversees project administration
- MA/MS/MPH in administration, international development, epidemiology, public health or a related degree,
- At least 7 years’ experience in implementing international public health programs, with at least 5 being in HIV.
- Experience in capacity building, such as developing content, planning, and facilitating trainings and providing technical assistance.
- Proficient in use of data management and analysis tools and advanced skills in MS office applications
- Project management certification
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.