Farm Radio Trust (FRT)
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), whose main goal is promotion of information for sustainable livelihoods of farmers through innovative agriculture extension and advisory service delivery using radio enhanced by ICTs.
Position: ICT Officer
Location: FRT Head Office
Responsible to: Director of Finance and Administration/Director of Programmes
Purpose of Position:
Implementation of the ICT Strategy and Policy through management of Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure, development of innovative ICT solutions that enhances ICT for Development (ICT4D).
A. System Administration
- Ensure that a robust and secure local Area Network is operational.
- Recommending and implementing ICT4D innovations.
- Providing solutions to business applications and hardware, including but not limited to:
- Client Call Centre
- Mobile Platforms
- Enterprise Management System (SAGE)
- Web based platforms and social media
- Network hardware (Servers, switches, routers, UPS, e.t.c.)
- Monitoring connectivity to all users and clients to minimize down.
- Implementation and administration of system security in accordance with the organization’s ICT and Security Policies.
- Implement systematic back-up system for all business information to ensure that a sound business disaster recovery plan is operational at all times.
- Make recommendations for Systems upgrades both hardware and software.
- Track and keep custody of all ICT assets.
B. End-user Support
- Respond to end user queries to ensure reliable support is provided to all users.
- Orient users in various ICT areas including software use, internet and social media and various computer hardware.
C. Management Support and Function
- Responsible for the operationalization of the ICT Policy.
- Ensure the use of ICTs as a tool to gain competitive advantage through innovations and cost benefits.
- Advise senior management team on ICT matters
- Participate in the ICT function team
- Support project holders in all ICT matters from project design to implementation and reporting.
- Actively keep abreast with developments in the ICT space to ensure FRT has an edge in technology.
- Provide periodic and ad hoc reports on the performance of ICTs as required.
- A Degree in Information Technology.
- Highly innovative and self-motivated.
- Five years working experience in ICT4D.
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Suite, SAGE Evolution, Web-based Applications and Cisco (routers and fire-walling), and mobile based.
E. Application and benefits
Benefits/rewards of job:
Competitive salary and related benefits are competitive.
How to apply
Send your CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to email@example.com quoting “ ICT Officer” in your subject line.
Closing day for receiving applications
Friday, 15 March 2019