HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) Ltd
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED, a fully owned subsidiary of HAIL & COTTON International B.V. based in Netherlands, a company that supplies premium leaf tobacco and value-added services to manufacturers of tobacco products worldwide, is urgently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Leaf Classifier.
Leaf Classifier (2)
The purpose of your position shall be to classify tobacco at the auction floors and factory and to supervise Leaf and N.T.R.M checkers in line with Hail & Cotton buying policy and company specifications with the following key performance guidelines:
- Classify tobacco into different grades according to quality.
- Check tobacco already classified to confirm or make changes to the grade if it does not conform to standards.
- Reject tobacco that does not meet company’s requirements.
- Inspection and classification of green tobacco prior to processing
- Monitoring of blends and quality during processing
- Classification of by-products
- Preparation and presentation of daily buyer’s percentages
- Supervision of a team of Leaf Checkers to ensure they execute their duties in accordance to the buying policy and product integrity.
- Training and transfer of skills to Trainees and Leaf Checkers
- Liaison with Tobacco Commission personnel during the case arbitration of rejected bales.
- Any other duties as lawfully assigned from time to time.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience performing the above-mentioned Key Performance Areas (KPA) in a large organization.
- Result Oriented
- Good Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial skill sets
- Must be able to multitask and be a team player.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applications with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable and reputable referees should reach the undersigned no later than Wednesday, 14th February 2024.
The Human Resources Manager
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED
P.O. Box 40214
Please clearly mark on the envelope/email ‘Leaf Classifier’
HAIL & COTTON is an equal opportunity employer, however, only short-listed applicants who meet the above specifications will be contacted regarding interviews.