Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII)
The Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII) is a non-profit organization working at the intersection
of science, engineering and global health to address problems of global health importance through
development of local solutions and capacity(https://www.ghii.org).
GHII is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals
to fill the Finance Officer position on 1-year renewable contract. This position will support activities under our
cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase the utilization of data collected through electronic medical record systems.
Position: Finance Officer
The Finance Officer for the Global Health Informatics Institute will be mainly responsible in assisting the Finance Lead by ensuring that the overall financial processes are adhered to and executed in a timely and
qualitative way. He/she will be assisting to ensure that internal finance processes are followed, budgets, cash-
ﬂow and other financial forecasts of all donor funds are prepared.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and
information related to supplies and inventory.
- Contributing to daily, monthly, and annual activities, including preparing taxes, and assisting with audits
and resolving discrepancies.
- Preparing budgets.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, and forecasts for the organization to ensure financial stability
- Maintenance of Cash Books and Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of petty cash.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- General administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes, and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of progressive experience, preferably on donor funded projects.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa languages.
- Proficiency in accounting software packages. (Candidates with knowledge of QuickBooks will have an added advantage).
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work well within a team.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications including an updated CV and
scanned copies of relevant degrees certificates. To apply, please visit www.ghii.org
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, 9th February, 2024.
GHII is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals regardless of gender,
disability, race, ethnicity, religion, age, or any other protected characteristic. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusivity in the workplace is essential to our success and we are committed to creating a work
environment where all employees are valued and respected.