Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi
Job Advertisement: Various Positions
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is implementing in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program
Zonal Office Assistant
Reports to District Coordinators
An Office Assistant will oversee clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail. They keep an inventory of office supplies and order new materials as needed to ensure that the workplace is neat and clean for visitors or clients.
Key Performance Areas
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize delivery of services to project beneficiaries.
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers, and colleagues.
- Perform receptionist duties when needed.
- Cleaning, stocking, and supplying designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum qualification of Malawi School Certificate of Education and any Diploma in either Administration or Development Related Field will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experienced in office stores management.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name and in PDF form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 9th February 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.