Established in 2005 and headquartered in Chicago, World Bicycle Relief (WBR) mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles and envisions a world where distance is no longer a barrier to education, health services, and economic opportunity. WBR’s robust Buffalo Bicycles are a cost-effective and reliable means of overcoming the challenges posed by long distances and systemic mobility challenges in developing countries. The organization is a mission-driven, global nonprofit that manages a highly refined bicycle supply chain from design through final distribution.
We are looking for a suitable candidates to fill the below post:
Purpose of the job:
To attend to customer’s bicycle and spare part sales, customer bicycle servicing and cash receipting, under the direct supervision of After Sales Manager/ accounts.
- Daily reconciliations of bicycle and spares sales
- Petty cash Management
- Processing payments and correctly code expenditures (travel expenses, fuel) supported with adequate accounting source documents.
- Banking of cash and cheque receipts in a timely and acceptable manner
- Ensure that all invoices and receipts are raised
- Monthly preparation of inventory counts and reconciliation
- Customer experience and service management
- Ensuring secure and tidy maintenance of office buildings and assets under their control.
- Servicing and repairing of customer bicycles
- Ensure adequate stock control of Shop
- Yearly Renewal of Shop / Trading Licence
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Good command of Microsoft Office and Pastel Partner
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- A clear understanding of operational policies and procedures
- A clear understanding of operational plans
- A clear understanding of statutory requirements with regard to finance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum certificate in business management or equivalent.
- Experience in retail shop management
- In House Training on shop administration and sales for a period of at least 3 months
- Must have good customer relations.
- Computer skills in excel and word are an advantage.
- Knowledge in the repairs of Buffalo Bicycles
Mental Demands/Judgement and Initiative:
- Reconciling petty cash schedules
- Preparing accurate and timely cashbook reconciliation reports
- Reporting matters relating to petty cash and sales to the Accounts Department
- Prepares and submits written daily, weekly petty cash counts and sales deposits for both cash and cheque to the Accounts department.
World Bicycle Relief and Buffalo Bicycle (MLW) Limited is an equal opportunities employer with focus on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Child protection and Culture.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their cover letters (maximum one page) and CV only – before Close of Business on 16th February 2024 to firstname.lastname@example.org