Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V.
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as: Senior Project Coordinator in Dedza
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of seven months. There are very good prospects for an extension. The employment location will be Dedza, Malawi. The position is paid in Malawi kwacha and within the Malawi Country Office salary structure.
- Ensure efficient management of a programme composed of two projects at district level through proper coordination, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and timely reporting.
- Support district project leads, sector engagement and advocacy and linkages with the line ministries and technical working groups.
- Ensure good working relations with all programme stakeholders including – but not limited to – government, civil society, private sector, and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate and support in ensuring project monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems are in place.
- Ensure efficient management of project finances and other resources.
- Organize trainings and capacity building for the project staff, extension workers and local partners within the project.
- Support other interconnected activities in other projects within WHH and implementing partners at district level.
- 1. Degree level education in Water Resources, Environmental Health, Rural Development, or any related.
- Previous management experience in WASH and/or rural development with an international NGO.
3. Minimum of 5 years experience in programme and people management at senior level in similar/ related role.
4. Strong coordination, communication (verbal, written & presentation) and analytical skills, including the ability to work with minimum direct supervision, under pressure and in difficult local conditions.
6. Strong understanding and practical experience in Project Cycle Management, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
7. Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
8. Strong computer skills especially with Word and Excel and other related packages
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 05,2023.
Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.