Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi
Job Advertisement: Various Positions
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is implementing in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program
Promotion and Communication Officer
Reports to Grants Administration Officer
The Promotion and communication Officer will be responsible of Facilitating the implementation of DAPP Malawi’s pro-active promotion and communication strategy, be main producer of promotion materials and key publications including monthly newsletters, annual reports, case studies and specific donor publications and will Act as a liaison between DAPP Malawi in general and Project Lola in particular, to the corporate and public world.
Key Performance area
- Be overall responsible for the implementation of Project Lola’s communications and promotion strategy and plan.
- Write, edit, coordinate, and publish promotion materials in print, digital and online form, including websites and social media in regard to DREAMS Lola’s project activities in Chiradzulu and Blantyre.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate promotion events.
- Communicate with and receive relevant promotion material fromthe Public Diplomacy Team at DAPP NHQ and DAPP Projects.
- Writing and proof-reading case stories, news articles and ensuring news feeds.
- Be the communication link between DREAMS Malawi project and HPP’s information and promotion department regarding promotion material for website and social mediate.
- Produce, edit, and distribute updates and materials for external and internal use including monthly newsletters, annual reports, case stories and specific donor publications and news feeds for website and the various social media.
- Produce quotes from people of all ages benefitting from the DREAMS project for reports, tweets etc.– including parents who attended previous interventions and other programs.
- Coordinate the promotion and communication material from the project, where relevant for promoting the work of DAPP Malawi through the relevant channels.
- Keep a monthly calendar and yearly calendar of project events, such as celebrations, graduations, actions and Open Days and other events which the public and partners can join and send to all partners including district officials.
- Make and maintain email lists of the various types of recipients of newsletters.
- Produce short videos or Power Point Audio Presentations about DREAMS Project for YouTube include interviews with beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or media studies with least 3 years’ experience in promotion and communication work – preferable within the NGO sector including media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in working with online media – website administration, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube.
- Proficient in use of all Microsoft and Adobe applications related to the tasks.
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name and in PDF form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 9th February 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.