Website Total Land Care
Total LandCare (TLC) is a non-profit organization implementing development programs in Malawi, Zambia, Mozambique, and Tanzania. TLC’s mission is to transform the livelihoods of rural households from subsistence to prosperity and self-reliance. Achieving this goal involves building the capacity of organized groups of farmers, cooperatives, and related local governance structures to integrate sustainable agricultural and natural resource practices with initiatives to strengthen livelihoods and value chains linked to micro-finance and markets. The ultimate aim is to increase farm productivity, diversification, profitability and resilience with lower input costs and sound management of the landscape for current and future generations.
To support the above mission, TLC has secured funding towards the implementation of development projects in Northern and Central Malawi. The goal of the projects are a) to strengthen local food systems in selected extension planning areas (EPAs) through improved food and nutrition security, increased resilience to climate change and increased income among agriculture-dependent rural households, and b) to restore the land and livelihoods of vulnerable small-scale farm households, and to enhance carbon sinks using locally-appropriate evergreening systems.
TLC is therefore seeking the services of qualified, highly motivated, and hardworking persons to fill the following position:
Monitoring And Evaluation Officer X3
The M&E Officer supports the Head of M&E in establishing and maintaining an effective M&E system for the project, and provides technical input on project design and development. She/He works closely with the Head of M&E in designing and conducting assessments, evaluations, and collection of monitoring data for projects. The position works closely with the Project Managers to ensure compliance to M&E standards of excellence and quality reporting, as well as documentation of project achievements, success stories, etc. She/He reports to the Head of M&E, with close collaboration with the Project Manager. As with all project staff, she/he is also accountable to primary stakeholder groups.
Main Position Responsibilities
- Assist in revising the project objective hierarchy and log frame matrix (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts).
- Participate in the development of Annual Work Plans and Budgets (AWPB).
- Assist in identifying and designing performance questions, key indicators and targets for each project component and for each level of the objective hierarchy.
- Participate and contribute to the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each project component, to record and report physical progress against the AWPB and designing the format of such progress reports.
- Assist in designing and budgeting of Annual surveys and impact assessments, implement surveys, impact assessments and special studies.
- Train and coordinate enumeration teams for surveys and assessments.
- Help roll out management information system to facilitate electronic tracking of project performance.
- Ensure timely submission of field data from Specialists and Field Coordinators.
- Collect, compile and analyze progress reports prepared by the Project Manager and Specialists and/or Field Coordinators and prepare a consolidated progress report.
- Conduct field data quality audits.
- Review field monitoring reports to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop feasible and effective discussion events where M&E data are analyzed and corrective actions can be agreed upon.
- Provide training on M&E tools, implementation, expectations and requirements of M&E to Specialist, Field Coordinates and other stakeholders relevant to the M&E system step up.
- Support Specialists and Field Coordinators to implement the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, formats and analytical processes.
- Identify, document and share programmatic successes, best practices, challenges, solutions, and lessons learned.
Qualifications And Desired Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in implementing/managing integrated development programming, with knowledge of practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E design with previous experience in application of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience in implementing/managing M&E for programs related to climate smart agriculture, food and nutrition security, land restoration, value chain development, entrepreneurship.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Excellent oral and written analytical communication skills, ability to work well with diverse group of people.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure.
- Leadership skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines under pressure.
- Fluency in English and at least one locally spoken language.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in MS Office packages, SPSS, EPI Info.
- Knowledge and experience in GIS and On-line data collection platforms such as Kobo, ODK, Survey Solutions.
- Demonstratable experience and competencies in database management.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time to remote areas of the country to interact with field staff and project partners (farmers and others).
- Previous NGO experience of at least three years preferred.
- High level of professionalism, trustworthiness, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Candidates with an ICT background will have an added advantage.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
An attractive remuneration will be offered to successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and experience. TLC is an equal opportunity employer, so women are encouraged to apply. The contract is for 12 months, renewable on a yearly basis based on performance and continuation of the projects.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications including an up-to-date curriculum vitae giving names, telephone numbers, physical and email addresses of traceable referees should be sent to the address below not later than Friday 16th February 2024. Please specify the type of job you are applying for and indicate when you would be available. Note that applications via email will not be entertained.
The Managing Director
Plot #12/520, New Area 12,
P.O. Box 2440, Lilongwe Malawi
“Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged”