Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL)
Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Malawi under the Companies Act with postal address P.O. Box 200, Lilongwe whose Head Office is situated at Plot 588, Area 3, Lilongwe.
SSCL is a subsidiary of Greenbelt Investments Holdings Limited and its Partners.
The Company’s business is development of sugar plantations, production of sugar and its by-products for the Malawi and export markets.
The Company is now looking for dynamic and well versed individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Management Accountant
Job Location – Salima, Malawi
The Management Accountant will maintain and keep up to date the management accounting systems of the Company incorporating data from all divisions including budgets and forecast.
- Develop annual budgets and prepare monthly management accounts and quarterly budget forecasts.
- Analyse historical and forecasted working capital requirements of the business.
- Analyse historical results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare projections of working capital requirements for each quarter and year.
- Provide economic and financial management advice in liaison with the Chief
- Assist in financial analysis of various business initiatives and performance.
- Work directly with departmental heads to help analyse and optimise basing on agreed objectives and KPI’s.
- Identify, report, and rectify processes, procedures and/or control which could pose a financial risk to the business.
- Design, budget and run projects that improve the company’s assets and bottom-line profitability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree (those studying towards completion of CIMA or any other professional qualification will have an added advantage).
- At least 5 years relevant experience in cost and financial accounting.
- Experience working within an agricultural business and manufacturing operation will be an added advantage.
Applications should be submitted to the
Salima Sugar Company Ltd,
P O Box 200,
Lilongwe or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 February 2024.