Islamic Relief Malawi
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a UK based international humanitarian and development organization working in 35 countries.
Islamic Relief Malawi is looking for competent candidates to fill the following position:.
Finance & Administration Officer (Mangochi Based)
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare Payments and Incomes ledgers and ensure the supporting documents are as per the organisations guidelines & policies.
- Establish budgets, forecasts future cash flows, provides periodic financial analysis.
- Ensure accurate budgets monitoring and budget balance check is processed in AX before posting any financial transactions.
- Manage & review the sub office funds transfer request and ensure the adequate funds balance in bank and safe to manage the sub office monthly needs.
- Manage the cash advances request of employees and its settlements.
- Manage field office monthly bank & cash reconciliation.
- Prepares reports and documents covering accounting transactions for management review.
- Ensure a proper archiving of vouchers and other financial documents as per IR data archiving policy.
- Ensure the counterterrorism & anti-money laundering compliance policy of IRW for any new vendor, partner, beneficiary, bank signatories etc.
- Ensure assets & fleet management, safety & security support, and logistics coordination as per respective policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in a relevant subject: Finance/ACCA/CMA
- Those with qualification and experience in Procurement/Logistics will have an added advantage
- Practical Experience in MS office (especially in MS Excel) – experience in AX dynamic ERP system
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience Finance & Administration in humanitarian context (e.g. working for International/National NGOs and/or UN Agencies
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Interested qualified applicants are requested to mail their applications [CV (maximum 3 pages) along with one page cover (motivation) letter] to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 30 November 2023.
Please mention the title of the position applied for and your name in the subject of your application as: “position title – applicant’s name”.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer.