Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi
Job Advertisement: Various Positions
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is implementing in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program.
District Community Coordinator
Reports to Dreams Technical Lead
The District Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the management of CDC-supported project activities being implemented in the district. This includes but is not limited to DREAMS Layering packages and control activities such as behavior change and communication activities, Community mobilization and SRH services demand creation at community level.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide overall supervision for the implementation and integration of all program activities and provides overall direction to daily implementation plans to ensure all project goals are met.
- Lead in community entry strategies and work with various stakeholders to reach out to the Adolescent Girls and Young Women in various communities.
- Work with filed team in sensitizing communities on DREAMS activities including enrolment of AGYW in Dreams clubs and parents in parenting Families Matter program.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency, and impact of the program’s components, and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that the quality of acquisitions meets the technical specifications and required standards.
- Monitor and manages the budget and financing expenses for the district ensuring that they are within the framework of regulations and procedures, for both the CDC and DAPP Malawi.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant should possess a degree in social science or public health or any other related qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in community work related to public health projects.
- Experienced in community mobilization.
- Experienced in data collection.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Office
- Excellent Stakeholder engagement and management
- Willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Have a valid motor bike driving license and can drive.
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name and in PDF form. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 9th February 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.