African Vision Malawi
Administration Officer Vacancy
Organisation: African Vision Malawi
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
African Vision Malawi (“AVM”) (previously known as The Landirani Trust) is a small NGO based in Malawi and supported from the UK. Our vision, mission and purpose can be found on: Welcome to African Vision Malawi
Title: Administration Officer
We now have a vacancy for a 4 – day week Administrative Officer to work with our committed teams; supporting them on a day-to-day basis in delivering services effectively and efficiently to our clients, customers, colleagues, and the public.
- Provide minutes for all team meetings and other designated meetings.
- Adherence to AVM policies, including, but not limited to, data protection, health and safety, confidentiality and its’ Code of Conduct.
- Support Malawi volunteer/intern procedures e.g., induction, onboarding, volunteer/intern database management).
- Greet and direct visitors and new staff to the organisation.
- Identify ways of improving communication and administrative processes of the team.
- Manage the online vehicle booking system for all members of staff.
- Be responsible for general office tidiness, ensuring that equipment and material resources are available and in good working order.
- Ensure all filing systems and databases are up to date
Operations and Finance
- Maintain HR and finance records as directed, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Support the delivery of informal training and problem solving to staff in using Microsoft 365, Excel and other online technical platforms, as needed.
- Support procurement, finance and administration services in setting up and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of all AVM assets on a monthly basis and the purchasing of supplies.
Personal Assistant (“PA”) support
- Act as the point of contact between the CEO and his/her internal direct reports together with external bodies, organisations and clients.
- Manage the online calendar, diary and scheduling of meetings for the CEO and other delegated staff.
- Screen and direct emails, diaries and appointments, report writing, orders and payment requests of the CEO
- Handle requests and queries in a professional manner and with appropriate action.
- Make travel arrangements for the CEO using the online vehicle booking system
- Produce reports, presentations and briefings as delegated by the CEO.
Essential qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Administration/ Office Management or Secretarial studies or equivalent subject.
- Substantial experience of secretarial and administration management in a public or non-governmental office setting,
- Ability to work independently and lead on specific areas of work.
- Ability to collaborate within a team and manage multiple tasks and projects, sometimes with competing deadlines.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office software, SharePoint, and phone systems.
- Ability to problem solve and support solution focused initiatives.
- Excellent timekeeping, communication, and organisation skills
- Ability to manage change and to work flexibly through changing times
- Proficient English speaker and excellent keyboard skills in English.
Responsible to: CEO.
Remuneration: Salary will be not be less than 250,000 MWK gross during the probation period.
Contract: 6 months’ probation period and, if completed successfully, followed thereafter by a fixed term contract anticipated to be for an additional 12 months’ but this is dependent on the project duration, funding and the Trust needs and priorities.
How to apply:
This post is open to Malawian nationals. We encourage applications from women and marginalised groups in line with our Equal Opportunities policy. Only those meeting the criteria for this post will be considered for shortlisting. If you have not had a response within 14 days of the closing date, your application has not been successful. Previous applicants need not apply.
Applications MUST be made online only using the following:
- CV in English, no longer than 2 sides of A4 and in font no smaller than size 11.
- An accompanying cover letter outlining how you meet the essential requirements for this role. The cover letter must also include details of your current remuneration package.
- The accompanying letter should also answer the four key questions below in less than 400 words per question:
- In your role as Administration Officer tell us why you are the most suitable person for this role?
- What values do you hold that link to the organisation and how will you demonstrate these to
support the team and the work of AVM?
- How can you help us deliver our mission?
- How can you support the CEO deliver the work of the charity in your role?
CVs and accompanying letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday 18th February 2024. Late applications will not be considered.