NRECA International (NRECA)
NRECA International (NRECA) is a rural development organization with the mission to increase access to reliable electric service in developing countries. NRECA is implementing the 4-year Malawi Clean Energy Cooperative Program (CECP). The objective of the Malawi Clean Energy Cooperative Program is to increase access to electricity in rural areas through development of viable electric cooperative enterprises. The CECP program is co-financed by USAID and NRECA.
NRECA seeks to urgently engage suitably qualified Malawians to fill the vacant positions of Enumerator on a short term basis. This position Will report to the Data Collection Field Team Leader.
Duties and responsibilities
The Enumerators must, together with the Data Collection Field Team Leader, draw up a fieldwork plan, taking care of developing the surveys that are assigned to him or her daily. Among the tasks that the Enumerators must perform include:
- Participation in training and planning activities.
- Participation in training on the use of the technological platform to be used and the rules and conditions for conducting the survey.
- Carry out surveys that are assigned to the Enumerator, and work with the Data Collection Field Team Leader in resolving the minor challenges that may arise in order to fulfill the assigned task.
- Prompt communications with the Data Collection Field Team Leader on any challenges that may arise that may interrupt the work.
- Take care of and preserve in optimal conditions the equipment assigned to the Enumerator.
- Daily return of tablets that are assigned to the Enumerator at the end of the workday and participation in a daily closeout meeting with the team of enumerators and the Data Collection Field Team Leader.
- Enumerator will keep a work log where the relevant facts are noted, such as data taken that raises doubts, feedback for the taking of surveys the next day to the Data Collection Field Team Leader that seems relevant to you.
- Comply with work-related guidance and instructions given by the Data Collection Field Team Leader.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidates are required to hold a minimum tertiary qualification and possess experience in quantitative data collection, particularly in field surveys. Proficiency in communication, specifically fluency in Chichewa and other local languages, will is an advantage. Applicants must demonstrate technical proficiency, including hands-on experience utilizing electronic data collection platforms such as ODK Collect. Availability to participate in pre-field training sessions on methodology is expected.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above should send applications to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 14th February 2024. Applications should include the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details of three traceable referees of good standing.
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications.
Please note that applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
The Office Director