Press Corporation Plc
Press Corporation Plc (PCL) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the role of Risk and Strategy Manager on a fixed term contract of three (3) years tenable at its Corporate Office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the candidate will play a key role in overseeing the organization’s risk management, aligning strategic initiatives with risk considerations, and driving a cohesive approach to achieve business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the position will include the following, in addition to other duties as assigned to the incumbent from time to time:
(a) Risk Management:
- Lead the implementation of a tailored risk management framework aligning with the Company’s business objectives and industry best practices.
- Develop risk appetite and other risk management criteria in line with the prevailing strategy.
- Coordinate regular risk assessment before, during and after key decision-making processes in the Company, its subsidiaries, and related projects.
- Apply advanced quantitative techniques for scenario analysis, sensitivity analysis, and stress tests to assess investments’ resilience to market and economic stress.
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders to implement appropriate risk response strategies, including but not limited to, general internal controls, business continuity management, and cybersecurity.
- Establish and maintain a robust monitoring system for risk management initiatives, including KRIs, KCIs, and control self-assessment.
- Produce regular reports and dashboards for management and the Board, reporting various values at risk, prioritized risks, and mitigation measures.
- Collaborate risk coordinators, providing continuous learning, guidance and fostering a strong risk-aware culture at head office and subsidiary levels.
(b) Strategy Coordination:
- Coordinate the strategic planning processes, overseeing the development and continuous review of organizational strategies.
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders to ensure alignment between strategic initiatives and overall business objectives.
- Serve as a liaison between different departments to foster collaboration in the execution of strategic plans.
- Establish systems to monitor the progress of strategic initiatives, ensuring that goals and milestones are met across the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Integrate risk considerations into strategic decision-making processes, ensuring that potential risks are identified and addressed during the planning phase.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation, identifying areas for improvement in existing strategies and processes, and recommending appropriate adjustments.
- Generate comprehensive reports for management, reporting the progress of strategic initiatives, market trends, and potential opportunities or challenges.
- Promote awareness and a shared understanding of the Company’s strategic direction among team members and all other stakeholders.
We are looking for a hardworking, ethical and dedicated individual with hands-on experience in risk management and strategy coordination. Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- University level degree in a relevant field such as Risk Management, Strategic Management, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or any related disciplines. Related postgraduate degree or professional qualifications (e.g., CFA, FRM, CRM, CRMA, ACCA, PMP, CBAP) are highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in both risk management and strategy coordination in a similar holding company or leading organization with proficiency in using Balanced Scorecard and other strategic management models.
- Strong analytical skills to assess complex risk scenarios, including development and implementation of risk models by modelling software (e.g., @risk, Vose, etc.)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive initiatives, articulate complex ideas, facilitate change, and inspire diverse audiences towards common goals.
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the names and addresses of three traceable referees by email only to email@example.com. All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Chief Finance and Administration Executive
Press Corporation Plc
P.O. Box 1227
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 23rd February, 2024