Press Corporation Plc
Press Corporation Plc (PCL) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the role of Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Officer on a fixed term contract of three (3) years tenable at its Corporate Head Office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Officer will be responsible for the creation and promotion of the Company’s brand, building and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and identifying opportunities for the improvement of impacts using corporate social responsibility initiatives. The incumbent will also manage and enhance Group synergies and promote a Group corporate culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the position will among others include the following:
(a) Corporate Affairs:
- Develop and implement appropriate Corporate Affairs strategies and policies.
- Develop a policy for leveraging conglomerate brand identity and enhancing Group synergies.
- Manage and implement change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Develop and execute the company’s investor relations plan.
- Carry out all matters related to the investors thus bridging the gap between the management and the investors.
- Plan and implement corporate social responsibility programs that enhance the image and reflects values of the Company.
- Coordinate Group events.
(b) Public Relations:
- Develop and implement an effective communication strategy in line with PCL’s objectives and goals.
- Develop public relations initiatives and media relations strategies that promote the values and aim of the Company.
- Design strategies aimed at creating and maintaining a positive image of the company.
- Manage the production and dissemination of information to PCL stakeholders through appropriate communication channels.
- Handle company’s enquiries from the public, the press and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the company’s publications i.e. annual report, press releases, newsletters etc.
- Manage, in liaison with the IT department, the company’s website and social media channels ensuring that they are always up to date.
- Organize and coordinate company’s events including press conferences and open days.
- Act as a market or industry research, data collection and analyst.
We are looking for a well-motivated, hardworking, ethical and dedicated individual with strict attention to detail. Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a media-related field such as Communication, Marketing, Arts, Journalism.
- Media relations skills.
- Good interpersonal and strong written and oral communications skills and ability to interact with senior Management.
- Ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision.
- Team player
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the names and addresses of three traceable referees by email only to email@example.com. All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Chief Finance and Administration Executive
Press Corporation Plc
P.O. Box 1227
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 23rd February, 2024