CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Account Relationship Manager.
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide banking services. The Bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and operates banking centres in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Account Relationship Manager, tenable at Lilongwe Banking Centre in Lilongwe.
The position reports to Chief Business Development Officer in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
- The Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing a segregated portfolio of assets and liabilities and solicit new business by selling the various financial solutions and growing the Bank’s noninterest revenue.
- The Manager’s performance will be measured based on pre-agreed targets and benchmarks, the manager will be expected to exercise greater skill, diligence and due care in the performance of their duties. He/she shall report directly to the Corporate Account Relationship Manager.
- Contribute towards the development of the bank’s strategy
- Manage a portfolio of customers as expected of a relationship manager
- Identify and meet with potential new clients and develop effective marketing strategies in order to maximise the Bank’s coverage.
- Cross-sell financial, treasury, commercial banking and investment banking opportunities.
- Prepare funding and investment proposals
- Source of research information
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Extensive knowledge of modern sales and marketing practices of financial solutions
- Business minded with ability to attract and retain clients
- Good presentation, communication and inter- personal skills.
- Strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Mature and responsible individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and cope with tight work schedules and working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think innovatively, producing new ideas
- Ability to work as part of a team, results oriented and motivated to deliver excellent client service.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Accountancy, Marketing, Business Administration, Banking Finance or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years experience in corporate banking
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may send their applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 16th February 2024.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444