CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Associate – Listings & Advisory.
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide banking services. The Bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and operates banking centers in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Associate – Listings & Advisory, tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
The position reports to the Chief Investment Banking Officer in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
The Associate – Listings and Advisory will be responsible for client service and generation of revenue through provision of listings and corporate financial advisory services.
- Sales – the Associate will lead in sourcing corporate financial advisory transactions.
- Transaction execution – the Associate will be a lead in deal structuring and execution.
- Fee income generation – the Associate will be accountable to a revenue and expenditure budget.
- Customer relationship management – the Associate will lead in managing relationships with customers and key market stakeholders with the aim of maintaining trust and long-term positive reputation.
- Reporting- the Associate will be responsible for preparing management and board reports.
- Creative and forward-thinker with ability to explore new ideas and ways of doing things to drive business growth and meet customer needs.
- Good understanding of the market and the business environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, analyse and interpret data to inform business decisions and actions.
- An effective problem solver with ability to identify and resolve complex problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Confident and assertive communicator who can effectively communicate their ideas, opinions, and decisions
- Skilled at building positive and productive relationships with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders, working collaboratively to achieve business goals.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Banking, Finance and Economics from a recognized University.
- Chartered Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Knowledge and experience of financial modelling including detailed income statement forecasting, multiple scenario analysis, capital structure modelling, LBO and merger and acquisition modeling.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a treasury, investment banking or finance.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may send their applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 16th February 2024.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444