Jhpiego seeks to recruit a highly motivated Intern Program Assistant to be based in Lilongwe. The Intern Program Assistant will serve as a key member of project implementation team and will assist in the management of administrative, financial, logistical and programmatic tasks required for Jhpiego programs. This includes assisting with project administration including tracking of program Gantt charts/ work plans, preparation of program reports, and power point presentations. The Intern Program Assistant will also assist in the documentation and tracking of travel requests, liquidations, travel reports and other project documentation from Project Staff.
- Provide administrative support in implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of project budgets. Assist finance staff to prepare financial forms to advance/reimburse funds for on-going activities. Also assist finance staff to review process and reconcile payment documentation from program, and technical and management staff. Help analyze reports received from field sites, including financial reports.
- Travel as appropriate to program sites to assist in program logistics, including travel, financial arrangements, equipment and supplies coordination.
- Order training materials and other purchases in coordination with technical officers and ensure that training materials and supplies reach project sites in time.
- Support recording and disseminating program meeting minutes.
- Ensure that required administrative reports are submitted in time.
- Assist with organization of meetings, field visits, community outreaches and other project activities.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, components of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
- Assist in management and tracking of payment requests, liquidations and other program documentation for timely implementation of project activities
- Coordinate travel by office staff, including preparation of travel authorization requests and arrangement of logistics
- Make travel and hotel arrangements for staff and consultants for workshops and meetings.
- Prepare for trips for regional or international staff by making appropriate appointments and collecting any necessary information.
- Maintain a roster of trip reports and ensure that staff submit the report in time. Coordinate and ensure that trip reports are on file and conform to Jhpiego standard trip report format.
- Keep technical unit and other project staff abreast of program activities and issues
- Assist in enforcing compliance to Jhpiego finance and administrative policies among program staff during implementation of program activities
- Provide administrative assistance during technical unit meetings and workshops, conferences, seminars etc.
- Assist with other technical and administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Diploma in Business Administration from a reputable institution
- Those with a degree in Business Administration or other related fields will have an added advantage
- Self-management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability), as well as the ability to project a professional, consistent image. (Both internal and external clients must see the Intern Program Assistant as a person of competence and high integrity, and trust his/ her capability and sense of confidentiality).
- Ability to work independently (proactive and with a good sense of initiative)
- Basic understanding of administrative, financial, and computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and other Microsoft office applications
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with colleagues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision in multi- cultural environment
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Willingness to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Flexibility to work long or odd hours in occasional circumstances when there is need
- Willingness to travel to program implementation sites, sometimes in rural settings