POSITION: HOUSE KEEPING SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: AREA 43, LILONGWE
We are looking for an experienced and multi-skilled candidate who will be able to fill a vacant position of a floor supervisor in a residential setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Checks handovers every morning by going through handover book.
- Checks levels of business of the day by going through guest register report for proper staff allocation
- Allocates rooms to room attendants for cleaning on daily basis
- Inspects room attendants’ trolley basket to ensure all equipment and amenities are put accordingly through observation, daily.
- Prepares the housekeeper’s occupancy report, on daily basis, by physically checking and recording
- Responds to visitors’ requests and complaints as and when need arises to maintain good relationship
- Participates in periodic physical stock counts for accountability
- Ensures proper handling of operating equipment and stocks, through observation,
- Ensures that optimum quantities of operating stocks are ordered in line with the budget to avoid losses.
- Records and reports any missing items for follow up by recording in handover book when need arises.
- Updates staff attendance register on a daily basis to determine staffs that are available.
- Counsels staff on areas of underperformance and misconduct to enhance staff productivity.
- Identifies training gaps through daily monitoring of staff performance so that there is consistency of service delivery.
- Making sure that staff are well groomed to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and personal hygiene through inspection from time to time.
- Checking that proper tools and equipment are used for the correct job by inspection/observation to prevent accidents.
- Checking that all staffs have safety and protective wear for protection and adherence to safety procedures, at all times.
- Reporting any malfunctioning equipment for maintenance when observed through inspection to prevent accidents.
- Should have a Malawi School Certificate
- Certificate in housekeeping operations those with a diploma will have an added advantage
Experience and Requirements
- Must have worked in a busy environment for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Must have practical knowledge of oriental cuisine.
- The incumbent must be ready to work odd hours.
- Must be able to work in a Personal Residential setting