HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) Ltd
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED, a fully owned subsidiary of HAIL & COTTON International B.V. based in Netherlands, a company that supplies premium leaf tobacco and value-added services to manufacturers of tobacco products worldwide, is urgently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Blending Supervisor.
Blending Supervisor (1)
The main purpose of the job is to effectively manage the Blending section with the focus on achieving quality of the final product in line with the customer set standards. Furthermore, is to ensure, throughout Blending,
optimal financial returns and total crop utilization and disappearance with the following key performance
- Ensure exacting classification standards are maintained in the factory and that the final product is always fully up to requirements. This covers daily classification of all tobacco from Auction Floors in the 1st month plus all tobacco set out prior to processing.
- Supervise packing according to packing instructions with checks being made on processing side to ensure
undesirable tobacco is being picked-out, degradation and moisture on target, quality of redried product identical to reference sample.
- To look after customers whilst in the factory. A sound knowledge of all customers’ quality and packing
specification is therefore required.
- Control and manage the blending of tobacco in the factory while ensuring that all remnants and uncommitted packed inventory are blended in accordance with Company policy. Ensure customer green and packed inspections are ready when required.
- To ensure customers’ confidence and satisfaction through sound knowledge of quality, specifications, and requirements.
- Ensuring maximum utilization through blending of tobacco inventory to match customer sample.
- Ensuring all remnants and uncommitted packed inventory is blended in accordance with company policy.
- Managing tobacco inventory required for processing on weekly basis.
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applications with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable and reputable referees should reach the undersigned no later than Wednesday, 14th February 2024.
The Human Resources Manager
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED
P.O. Box 40214
Please clearly mark on the envelope/email ‘Blending Supervisor’
HAIL & COTTON is an equal opportunity employer, however, only short-listed applicants who meet the above specifications will be contacted regarding interviews.