Family Health Services (FHS)
Family Health Services (FHS), formerly known as PSI Malawi, has partnered with the government of Malawi through the Ministry of Health (MoH) since 1994 in safeguarding the health of Malawians by using private sector approaches to reconfigure healthcare delivery – (i) through directly delivering innovative social and behavior change communications, social marketing, and social franchising across a wide range of health areas including Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and water-borne disease prevention (ii) by playing a market facilitation role, approaching market challenges and opportunities with a system-wide lens that unlocks a self-sustaining market with multiple players that can prioritize, adapt and ultimately thrive without external assistance and funds.
While a local organisation with deep roots in Malawi, Family Health Services is globally connected; mainly through affiliation to Population Service International (PSI), a Washington DC-based non-governmental and non-profit making organization that boasts a global network of members across over 50 countries through which FHS continues to leverage capacities, learnings, and best practice to enhance activities in Malawi. To accomplish its mission, FHS is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Hormonal IUD Program Coordinator .
Reporting to the RH Service Delivery Manager, the Hormonal IUD Program Coordinator shall be responsible for providing technical support on roll out of hormonal IUD at national level and ensuring adequate and consistent availability of commodities and supplies for effective implementation of program activities. Specifically, he/she will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development of work plans (annually, quarterly, and monthly), program activities including monitoring activity implementation for impact.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Reproductive Health Directorate and other partners in ensuring active implementation of key HIUD program activities.
- Submit to the lead Service Delivery Manager; activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Support the lead Manager to prepare, quarterly reports for the donor, FHS and MOH on program progress and status.
- Support project documentation including contributions to knowledge management for the project across the different technical streams and facilitation sharing of learnings to inform decision-making.
- Work closely with key internal (within FHS) and external stakeholders to build mutually beneficial relationships that will advance the key objectives of the HIUD project and FHS.
- Facilitate the timely completion of project deliverables by HIUD project team members through proactive communication and follow-up.
- Take leadership of service delivery, demand creation and learning workstreams in line with HIUD priorities.
- Coordinate in-country HIUD partnerships to ensure that they deliver HIUD Interventions according to approved standards.
- Represent FHS during national and district stakeholders’ meetings
- Work with Reproductive health directorate and district management teams in identifying training needs in HIUD.
- Plan and facilitate implementation of HIUD trainings for FHS providers and MOH staff in the district by working with RHD.
- Mentor MoH staff on proper data management and reporting that comply with FHS and Ministry of Health registers and guidelines.
- Conduct training activities smoothly and submit submission of training reports timely.
- Facilitate monitoring, supervision, and assessment of FHS and MOH staff trained HIUD in service delivery points (outreach teams, and MOH health facilities)
- Support the lead manager in development and monitoring workplan budget, finances, and reports according to FHS standard operating procedures.
- Review all financial requests/documents for the project before submitting to the lead manager.
- Timely submit funds reconciliation to the lead manager and follow up with finance department for completion.
- Ensure that all planned activities are done according to the workplan budget.
- Ensure timely payments of activities.
- With support from the lead Manager, develop a procurement plan for HUID and execute this in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor availability of supplies and commodities at the district level required for service provision to ensure continuous service provision.
- Participate and contribute to national quantification meetings.
- Support redistribution of commodities especially Mirena and Lileta in the district of implementation
- Prepare and submit usage reports for MoH commodities.
- Check status of availability of Mirena and Lileta in the district and facilitate ordering of commodities from central medical stores.
- Keep track of all commodities that have been used by districts.
- Monitor all activities for service delivery and demand creation to ensure effective and smooth running.
- Work with MERL Officer to ensure proper management of all program data for the districts and utilize it for decision making.
- Ensuring timely entry/submission of program data according to program timelines.
- Regularly review data progress in DHIS2 for decision making on weekly basis.
- Review performance reports from service delivery team and demand creation before submission to respective managers.
- Review and submit weekly data summary report to M &E
- Conduct data verification for all service delivery points (outreach, demand creation and MOH) in collaboration with Ministry of Health personnel and make programmatic decision based on the findings.
- Conduct and submit timely weekly data reconciliation to M&E
Qualifications, knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing & Midwifery/clinical medicine and Public Health.
- Post Graduate qualification in project management is a plus.
- Should have a certificate in FP training especially Long Acting including IUDs.
- Two (2) plus years of experience in project implementation in the health sector.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working in a Family Planning Project.
- Excellent analytical and quick problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated successes in using data to make strategic decisions, deploy budgets and resource to deliver results in a cost-effective way.
- Self-reliant with strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced Computer Skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Creative, dynamic, and out of the box thinker.
- Demonstrable skills in working across multiple teams with multiple stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Very strong organizational skills with the ability to deliver across competing time-bound priorities.
- Ability to manage stakeholder engagement, coordination, and relationships
- Familiarity with procurement processes
- Programmatic reporting and communications
- Ability to develop activity budgets and work-plans
- Prior knowledge and experience in training others in hormonal IUD
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their electronic application letters and updated CVs with names and contact details of three traceable referees, through: email@example.com indicating the job title, ‘HORMONAL IUD PROGRAM COORDINATOR’ in the email subject line by Thursday 15th February2024. Those that already applied do not have to re-apply.
Family Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardlessof religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status orresponsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. Family Health Services maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services and takes seriously all complaints ofmisconduct brought to our attention.
Family Health Service has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: Family Health Services will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or on vetted career websites. Official FHS emails will always arrive from a @fhs.org email address.
If you are suspicious of anything, please report through email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; or write a letter to Tip-Offs anonymous, P.O. Box 1726, Blantyre; or call/send SMS using Airtel/TNM/Access to 847