Jhpiego seeks to recruit a highly motivated Intern M&E Officer to be based in Lilongwe. Under the guidance and technical oversight from the MER Advisor, the Intern M&E Officer is responsible for the implementation of M&E systems, supporting utilization of quality data to inform evidence based programing and planning processes. The Intern M&E Officer will be responsible for facilitating routine data collection, entry, analysis and utilization at the facility. S/he will facilitate and conduct routine data quality assurance exercises and participate in the regular data verification and MER supervisory visits at facility level. S/he will promote quality M&E systems at facility level and will be a link between Jhpiego and MDF to promote quality M&E standards and systems. S/he will support mandatory reporting of data.
- Support M&E strengthening processes and systems at facility by ensuring that recording and reporting tools are available and utilized
- Support processes to assure accurate data documentation, entry and management into approved data management systems.
- Provides support to facility staff in data management including data entry, retrieval, analysis and presentations.
- Participate in preparation of data for analysis to inform quality programming
- Support data entry as and when needed.
- Support Data verification exercises
- Take part in data quality assessments
- Collaborate in the ongoing improvement of the efficiency of data entry, identifying and proposing ways to streamline the process.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains data confidentiality
- Perform any other duties assigned by the MER Advisor and as per need of the program.
- Diploma in relevant field (e.g. Public health, Social science, Nursing, Computer science)
- Degree in related field such as Public Health, Social Science, Nursing, Computer Science will have an added advantage
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals on a highly pressured environment.
- Structured thinker with experience collecting data and analyzing datasets to identify key trends and to translate them into actionable options for decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Oral and written communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills