Save the Children International
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Budgeting and Reporting Coordinator. The Budget and Reporting Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Team Leader, Project Managers and Awards Coordinator for the Norad Framework Agreement Programme- Securing Children’s Rights to Education and Protection (SCREP) and implementing partners in Malawi Country Office.
The Budget and Reporting Coordinator will be primarily responsible for preparation of donor and other internal monitoring reports, supporting non-thematic and cross thematic allocation process, supporting the forecast process and uploading phased budgets in AGRESSO. The Budget and Reporting coordinator will ensure donor and the organization requirements are adhered to and internal monitoring systems of Awards are in place and there is timely production of information.
This is a business facing role which requires close interaction with and capacity building of budget holders in Finance both within SCI and the implementing partners. Adhoc project work will also form an element of the role. Such projects will involve accessing particular elements of financial management, recommending improvement plans and then capacity building of the relevant stakeholders to ensure proposed processes are embedded.
ln the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide support and guidance during budget revisions ensuring adequate cost recovery is input as per the NTC Rate and that all cost estimates are sufficiently justified.
- Support development of new proposal budgets with the Business development team including calculation and presentation of CAM in the budgets
- Ensure DEAs are created in system as per DRCs and that correct budgets are posted in the system against which spend is recorded.
- Work closely with Awards to ensure budgets are monitored and spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted and corrected.
- Preparation and consolidation of the CO Master budget ensuring the phasing is reasonable as per spending trends.
- Maintain then non-thematic and cross-thematic funding allocation schedule for Malawi country programme for fair allocation of support cost across the funding source.
- Analyzing, Manage and updating the Country Office funding Gap.
- Providing Charge Codes to Non Thematic Staff at Month End as per estimated LOEs
- Support Budget Holders on any issues relating to Budget.
- Lead in managing audit process with External Auditors ensuring smooth audit and all documents required by Auditors are provided.
- Plan and conduct internal audits for all Sub recipients with the coordination of the Internal Auditor
- Participate in Audit Entry and Exit meeting sand ensure recommendations are implemented before the next audit.
- Be able to explain to External Auditors and resolve all issues with CAM and Effort Reporting
- Prepare mapping in Agresso for CAM, Fringe Benefits and Premise Costs
- Run and post Premise Allocation at Month end.
- Participate in the Month end Closure processes posting all GLACOS/JV Awards, and all reclasses within Awards
- Preparation of monthly Cash forecast for treasury related to responsible projects.
- Perform 2nd Step Adjustments for CAM for various Awards with CAM restrictions.
- Ensure all posting issues noted during BVA meetings are posted timely.
- Processing of Award Payment Schedules and Income Requests in collaboration with Awards and Project Manager
- Support Awards and Project Managers to monitor sub awards and have regular field visit
- Prepare donor financial report periodically as per AMS schedule.
- Participating in the BVA Meetings and Program Reviews with Awards and programs
- Collaborate with Finance Team and Budget Holders to ensure donor budget lines as per the contract are in line with the financial system (i.e. amounts have-not changed as a result of new income instalments at different rates being received).
- Highlight critical financial issues such as over/under spends to Project Managers/Budget
- Process of Award Payment Schedules and Income Requests, working closely with finance to ensure this is done in a timely manner.
- Orientation, Coaching and Capacity Building of programme team in Finance management.
- Conduct Budget Holders Training for program teams with support from Awards and other Support Service Functions
- Establish capacity gaps in Partners, plan and facilitate trainings to building partner staff capacity in Budgeting and Financial management.
Financial Management System (Agresso)
- Ensure all SOFs have correct budgets posted (SOF Loaders)
- Design training to orient staff on Agresso and all related reports
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A University Degree in Accounting or Finance. Those with a Masters Degree in any of the above fields will have an added advantage
- Charteredaccountancy qualification (CIMA and ACCA).Part qualified will be considered.
- At least 5 years’ experience in related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in budgeting and reporting throughout the lifecycle of grants I awards.
- Experience of coaching and capacity building of staff
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to communicate with diverse set of stakeholders.
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills and ability articulate complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Advance Microsoft Excel and WORD; Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong ability to prioritize, plan ahead andmeet multiple deadlineseach month.
- Self-starter who is willingto go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Solutions focused with ability to identify weaknesses and implement process improvements.
- 4-6 years’ experience working within a finance function. At least 2 years of budgeting and reporting experience
- Experience with Save the Children Finance Management System (Agresso)
- Significant work experience with NGOs in an international environment or development work