SECURITY MANAGER – (TENABLE AT HEAD OFFICE, LILONGWE)
Job Profile for the Position:
This is a Middle management position and requires a self-motivated, analytical, decisive individual with extensive knowledge and experience in investigations and security operations in a corporate setting. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Managing Director.
To plan, implement and co-ordinate security operations, fraud investigations on all suspected cases and events within the bank and provide information, advice and guidance to the Bank on security policies, emergency procedures, business continuity and non-IT information security policies, in line with the Bank’s security guidelines.
1. Security management
- Develop and implement security plans and systems to secure all people on premises, (Staff, visitors, contractors), property and systems of the Bank in line with laws of the country and Bank’s policies.
- Co-ordinate implementation of security-training programmes, and manage the performance and development of security officers in line with the HR policies and programmes.
- Provide technical advice on requirements and specifications for existing and/or new building security systems including access control, intruder alarms, fire/smoke detection systems, closed circuit television and contract guards.
- Supervise all security personnel to make sure they comply with all security procedures in place and maintain a high standard of physical security for efficient and effective protection of Centenary Bank personnel, premises and assets.
- Coordinate the cash in transit i.e. managing the process by coordinating with the security firms and internal transport to ensure that money is transported from one branch to another – involves secure route planning.
- Manage the day to day security operations across all networks including security personnel i.e. bank staff and the security firm plus security systems.
2. Investigation management
- Manage investigations into any offence contravening the local laws and prejudicial to Bank Policy and procedures committed by staff or non-staff, review reports and prepare submissions for management with supporting recommendations concerning assessments, penalties and prosecution, in line with departmental guidelines and applicable law.
- Conduct interviews with witnesses and suspects.
- Compile reports with recommendations for potential solutions and/or course of action.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders by responding to and actioning requests for analytical and forensic support to prevent losses and mitigate against risks.
- Effectively engage with law enforcement agencies.
3. Research and Training
- Research on security matters arising within the Banking sector and providing guidance to management on mitigation.
- To conduct root cause analysis of loss events to identify gaps in processes in order to make recommendations to improve processes and prevent reoccurrence of losses.
- Create awareness of criminal and/or unethical trends and modus operandi by sharing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to formulate concepts and strategies
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with related corporate security course with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Corporate security.
Applications for the Position:
Interested applicants, with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the names of three traceable referees, to the
PO. Box 31567
Lilongwe 3, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday, 13th February 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.