Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL)
Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Malawi under the Companies Act with postal address P.O. Box 200, Lilongwe whose Head Office is situated at Plot 588, Area 3, Lilongwe.
SSCL is a subsidiary of Greenbelt Investments Holdings Limited and its Partners.
The Company’s business is development of sugar plantations, production of sugar and its by-products for the Malawi and export markets.
The Company is now looking for dynamic and well versed individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Accountant- Financial Reporting
Job Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Job Purpose, Roles and Responsibilities
To ensure that the Company financial management and reporting meet the highest standards in line with generally accepted standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the key duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements and relevant control accounts reconciliations
- Ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Supervising the processing of payments in line with laid down policies, standards and legislation according to the established approval procedures;
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly supported, authorised and recorded;
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements and other statutory reports;
- Ensuring that effective risk management systems are developed and implemented;
- Managing taxes and other regulatory remittances;
- Managing audits and other risk mitigation procedures;
- Providing information and assistance to internal or external auditors in times of audit activities;
- Conducting performance appraisals for staff under charge.
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records, including general ledger accounts
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor of Accountancy degree with minimum of 5 (five) years of work experience in Accounting and Studying towards Professional Qualification such as ACCA.
Applications should be submitted to the
Salima Sugar Company Ltd,
P O Box 200,
Lilongwe or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 February 2024