CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Finance Officer.
Background of the organisation
CDH Investment Bank is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide banking services. The Bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and operates banking centers in Blantyre and Lilongwe.
Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of Finance Officer, tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
The position reports to the Finance Manager in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the timely compilation of Asset & Liability Committee (ALCO) reports for the Bank: ensure that audit schedules are accurate and compiled in a timely manner, spearhead the cost control measures, assist in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial Information and, ensure compliance with accounting standards and tax laws.
- TIrack and determine company wide and business unit financial status;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and biannual profit forecasts;
- Guide cost analysis by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends; explaining processes and techniques and recording actions.
- Assist with ALM (Asset and Liability Management) reviews and reports monthly.
- Prepare financial models and projections/forecasts based on this analysis.
- Provide management information to inform long term and strategic decision making.
- Carry out reconciliations
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function.
- Coordinate with the Finance Manager to review financial information
- Any other duties as assigned by Management from time to time.
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing,
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)
- Good judgment and problem-solving
- Unquestionable integrity.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Economics or equivalent
- Chartered Accountant.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis and providing financial advice.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above should send their applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 16th February 2024.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of academic qualifications
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444