Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication
Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication is one of the leading local health and development communication NGO in Malawi. Pakachere exists to empower Malawians, particularly the vulnerable, to choose and sustain healthy behaviours, through service delivery, evidence-based health and development communication, community mobilization, advocacy and networking. Pakachere invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Project : Social and Behavior Change Communication Officers(2)
Responsible to : SBCC Manager
Project Title : MOMENTUM TIENI
Key relationship : Chief of Party, Project Leads
Salary : Competitive consummate with experience and professional attainment
Working hours : 40 hours
Contract : Full time, 1 year contract – renewable
Location : Mulanje/Lilongwe
The SBC Officer will be responsible for providing day to day implementation and coordination of all SBC
activities at district level. S/he shall ensure coordination and implementation of high-quality SBC interventions
and work with other consortium partners to enhance integration and coordination of SBCC interventions.
The purpose of the SBC interventions will be to improve uptake of services and information related to maternal health, malaria in pregnancy, newborn health, child health, nutrition, family planning/reproductive health and adolescent sexual reproductive health and rights. The SBC Officer will among other duties provide direct support towards demand generation and awareness raising as well as support community drama groups and Youth In Action Clubs to ensure effective delivery of SBC interventions.
Pakachere is therefore seeking a passionate, self-motivated, flexible, and highly experienced SBC Officer to
lead SBC at the district level. We are seeking an individual with strong community mobilization and engagement skills, message design, creative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Support the planning and implementation of community-based SBC interventions including but no limited to drama performances and community radio programing.
- Develop message guides for use by community drama groups and community radio stations.
- Follow up and monitor the implementation of SBC interventions to ensure technical quality, consistency, and relevancy of communication messages.
- Support the organization, administration, and implementation of capacity building initiatives for SBC implementers to enhance their competencies across the program in Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) planning and implementation.
- Working with district thematic leads/ district managers to assess, select and/or recommend appropriate messages to be disseminated through SBC interventions, verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Mainstream gender and social inclusion in all SBC interventions.
- Conduct periodic audience reception assessments to track message retention and impact.
- Participate in review, pretesting and dissemination of integrated IEC materials and tools tailored for various target populations.
- Conduct regular review and planning meetings and facilitate evidence-based micro-planning and quality
improvement plans for SBC implementers at district level.
- Participate in and provide regular updates during district review and technical working group meetings.
- Documentation of best practices, lessons learnt and human interest / success stories including project activity reports.
- Support SBC partners to develop and submit monthly performance updates and reports which will be used to develop quarterly performance reports.
- Ensure that attendance and sign sheets for all activities are accurate and shared with the SBC Manager in time for processing of funds.
- Participate in technical working groups addressing SBC issues linked to the project at relevant district fora.
- Provide day to day supportive supervision and mentorship to the SBC implementers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree behavior change communication related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in demand generation, community awareness initiatives and monitoring of SBC interventions.
- Experience in fine and performing arts will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of USAID programs, regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English.
Applications should contain: A letter of application, curriculum vitae, and copies of academic certificates, Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 5:00 pm Friday, 16th February 2024. Applications must be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication,
Smythe Road, Opposite the Story Workshop, Old Goal Malawi Office
Sunnyside, P.O Box 30248, Blantyre 3, Malawi