Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication
Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication is one of the leading local health and development communication NGO in Malawi. Pakachere exists to empower Malawians, particularly the vulnerable, to choose and sustain healthy behaviours, through service delivery, evidence-based health and development communication, community mobilization, advocacy and networking. Pakachere invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Project : Compliance Officer
Responsible to : Executive Director
Key relationship : Head of Finance, Director of Finance & Administration, Chief of Party, Project Leads
Salary : Competitive consummate with experience and professional attainment
Working hours : 40 hours
Contract : Full time, 1 year contract – renewable
Location : Blantyre Head Office
- Developing an annual compliance work plan that supports monitoring compliance within the organization’s donor and legal requirements based on a risk prioritization which include partners’ areas of operations and sub-awardees.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of the reported data through reviews of automated systems and
enforcement of maintenance of complete and authentic documentation – in conformance with available policies and procedures.
- Using the organization’s operating environment, review its policies, donor, and legal compliance (Government Laws and regulations) and Providing consulting on Policy and other regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensuring that new employees and Management are oriented and are conversant with core values operating environment including general compliance aspects with internal communication procedures.
- Advance the idea of implementing all known policies by staff and ensure action is always taken for those
violating important policy provisions. Conduct special reviews to identify any faulty or inefficient processes. Initiate change for policies that do not add value as risk mitigation measures.
- Identify compliance weaknesses and areas of actual or potential non-compliance with organization and
donor requirements and summarize these in report, containing observations and recommendations for improvement. Support management with Risk Assessment ideas, including identification and mitigating measures, at least once a year for the entire organization and as needed for the projects.
- Monitor the implementation status of compliance recommendations made internally and also recommendations made by external observers as applicable.
- Perform initial investigations into suspected frauds areas in line with established policies of the organization. Lead in gathering details for reporting to the donor.
- Other assignments as assigned by supervisor and Management from time to time.
Minimum qualifications/specifications required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting /Finance or any of its equivalent. Along with computer literacy for spreadsheets and word processing, preferably advance excel spread sheets. With a minimum of 3 years of audit working experience in a donor funded entity.
- Good experience and understanding of the working environment of the cooperating partners, health public sector, NGOs, and private sector.
- Good understanding of the NGORA requirements and major Donor Rules and Regulations, including those for USAID.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels
- Clear understanding of the Governance, Risk and Compliance requirements of an NGO entity.
- Innovative ways of handling upcoming issues
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record.
Applications should contain: A letter of application, curriculum vitae, and copies of academic certificates, Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 5:00 pm Friday, 16th February 2024. Applications must be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Pakachere Institute of Health and Development Communication,
Smythe Road, Opposite the Story Workshop, Old Goal Malawi Office
Sunnyside, P.O Box 30248, Blantyre 3, Malawi