Sunbird Tourism Plc
TOURS & TRAVEL AGENCY MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Tours & Travel Agency Manager to take over the lead of our newly established tours and travel agency. The incumbent will have the overall responsibility of overseeing the daily operations of the agency and managing a small, yet dedicated team of passionate travel experts. Together with the team, the incumbent being part of the pioneer team, will be expected to transform it as the “top of mind” tour operator in the country.
Key performance areas will include, but not limited to:
- Plan, develop, and execute the sales strategy plans for the Agency,
- Manage sales forecasting activities and setting performance goals, reviewing and analysing sales performances against programs, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Adept at using the Galileo Computerised Reservation System and related software, proficient in the use of industry-standard software applications
- Develop and implement a travel policy for the Agency
- Manage, direct, and oversee all aspects of itinerary planning and service quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify customer needs, plan and develop itineraries that meet clients budgets and requests.
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with vendors of direct travel, such as car rentals, hotels, and airlines to accomplish organic growth and long-term objectives.
- Negotiate preferred rates with vendors of direct travel.
- Develop and promote packages in line with emerging trends for targeted clients and segments.
- Adept at customer complaint resolution, and managing cancelations and refunds.
- Promote destination marketing through attendance of seminars, tradeshows, and exhibitions.
- Develop and organise detailed travel packs inclusive of travelers safety procedures, visa requirements, travel essentials, and any other requirements
- Develop and maintain a database of travel- related activities
- Lead development and consolidation of relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events etc) for travellers
- Conduct market research on destinations and emerging industry trends for an enhanced product offer and customer experience.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Tourism & Travel Management, or Hospitality Management or any other related field.
- Excellent sales, customer service and communications skills
- Practical experience in sales, e-commerce, travel packaging, agency management experience will be essential attributes.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar or related position.
- Previous hotel experience and / or tour and travel industry is an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of tourist attractions sites across the country and within the region will be a PLUS.
Interested applicants for the above positions should send their applications and curriculum vitae to the following address not later than 16th February, 2024, to:
Head of Corporate Services,
Sunbird Tourism Plc,
P.O. Box 376,