OPCO Limited is one of the leading Construction Companies dealing in Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Plant Hiring in Malawi and invites applications from well qualified and experienced personnel to fill the following vacant position
POSITION: BUILDING FOREMAN – Tenable in Blantyre
Reporting to the Site Engineer or Manager, the Building Foreman will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Qualities, Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven experience in foremanship and ability to set construction targets and achieve them
- Ability to interpret civil, Mechanical, Construction and Service Drawings
- Ability to control both labour, material and site equipment
- Must be proficient in supervising and maintaining a busy construction site
- Be able to give both Weekly and Monthly Site progress reports
- One who can produce high quality building projects with acceptable workmanship
- He must be a self-starter, one who can work under minimum supervision
- Must be trustworthy, willing to work during odd hours and must showcase good leadership skills
Education Qualification/ Requirements
- Minimum of Grade 1 Certificate in Bricklaying or City & Guilds Technician Diploma in Construction or its equivalent obtained from a reputable training Institution. Those with Diploma in Construction shall have an added advantage.
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Minimum of 6 – 10 years’ experience in a similar job.
A very competitive remuneration package will be offered in accordance with pre-requisite qualifications, experience and performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons meeting the above requirements should submit their application letters and copies of relevant certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least Three (3) Traceable Referees in sealed envelopes clearly marked on top “Building Foreman Application” before close of business on 17 February 2024 to:
The Human Resources Officer
P.O Box 5132
Or through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org