MM (Operations) Limited
MM (Operations) Limited (MMOL) is dedicated to improving the lives of thousands of people in Malawi off the back of a successful, commercially driven, profit making business. The company is a value based agro-processing business working closely with local communities to grow, export and process fruit, within the framework of internationally recognised agricultural and manufacturing certification standards.
A job opportunity has arisen and MM (Operations) Limited seeks to fill the following vacancy and appoint a self-motivated and driven individual to become part of its dynamic team. The position will be based in Lilongwe.
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
The successful applicant will report directly to: The Head of Finance and Accounting and is specifically responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with local and international vendors, ensuring that suppliers meet minimum performance criteria and that the MM Supplier Database is updated and maintained.
- Responsible for estimating and establishing unit costs and budgets for purchases.
- Develop and monitor a Procurement Plan to support the annual budget.
- Maintain procurement (Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Quotes, Purchase Orders, Supplier Invoicing and Goods Received Notes), inventory records, workflows and supporting information and/or data in the Company’s ERP system.
- Ensure that products and services procured meet quality standards and specifications defined by Business Units
- Interpreting procurement policies and regulations.
- Advising management on procurement issues.
- Participating in coordinating the closing and opening of bid documents.
- Preparing minutes and reports for the Internal Procurement and Disposal Committee
- Preparing procurement contract documents.
- Administering Procurement Contracts and delivery of goods and services in accordance with the contract terms and end user requirements.
- Liaising with the requisition units to come up with correct product and service specifications.
- Sourcing quotations from suppliers and procuring goods and services.
- Checking invoices and approving them for payment.
- Preparing periodic reports.
The desired candidates must have the following qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain management; Graduate of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or related subject
- Membership of Malawi Institute or Procurement and Supply (MIPS)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain management and/or logistics. And experience working for an international company or an organization with significant export activity.
- Knowledge of international road, sea, and air freight transporters.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to integrate with other departments and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer literacy e.g. application of Microsoft word and Excel packages. Working knowledge of ERP systems is an added advantage.
- Ability to understand and interpret Public Procurement related laws and regulations.
- Good communication. Numerical, analytical ad report writing skills.
Method of Application
Candidates that meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter, an up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to P.O. Box 499 Salima.
Applications to be received by 16th February, 2024.
MM (Operations) Limited is an equal opportunity employer appreciates all applications. However only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.