Find Your Feet (FYF)
VACANCY Ref # fyf 2024/03
Find Your Feet (FYF) is a local NGO dedicated to working with poor, rural communities to create lasting solutions to poverty. FYF envisions a world in which everyone has the right to build a future free from hunger and poverty and its mission is to mobilise local knowledge and skills, and promote the ownership and use of natural resources by poor rural communities in finding sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty and discrimination.
FYF implements development projects with support from a wide range of donors including the World Food Programme (WFP); The Royal Norwegian Embassy and NORAD through the NCA/DCA; USAID through Pact Malawi; Kindernothilfe, UK Foundations and Trusts and many others across all the regions of Malawi. Find Your Feet is now seeking well qualified and experienced persons to fill the following post that will be based at its Balaka Offices.
Post: Project Accountants (2)
Location: Find Your Feet Balaka & Ntcheu Offices
Reporting To: The District Coordinator
Reporting to the District Coordinator shall be responsible for supporting all Financial and Management Accounting activities at the FYF Balaka office, ensure compliance with FYF financial policies and procedures for internal controls, project financial reports, payments, receipts, cash management and updating the ledger accounts.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Internal Controls: collect bank statements and do monthly bank reconciliations. Maintain financial files for financial records securely in an organized manner, Update the fixed asset register, ensure that all FYF assets are monitored, maintained and are adequately safeguarded i.e. cash, cheque books, vehicles, motor bikes.
- Finance Systems: Ensuring FYF financial policies and procedures are compiled to at all times in all financial transactions, make payments and receive funds according to FYF accounting procedures, ensuring that all payment vouchers are complete with all relevant supporting documentation before effecting payment. Keep up to date with developments in taxation and ensure that FYF remains tax compliant at all times. Uploading
of financial data in the FYF accounting package SAGE EVOLUTION.
- Administration: Ensure that all FYF sub office is up to date with all staff and office utilities i.e. phone bills, water, electricity, rentals, staff medical contributions, staff airtimes.
- Reporting: Prepare financial Monthly report, Monthly Invoice Claim and Way bill listing, Quarterly Progress Report, analysis of vehicle motorbike running cost, FYF Sub office expenditure on monthly basis.
- Cash Management: Act as a custodian of FYF Imprest Cash system.
- Audit: assist on internal and external audit preparations and implementation of recommendations from the audit plan and audit management report issues.
- Contribute to the overall development of FYF in Malawi.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the District Coordinator from time to time
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Should have relevant accounting experience of not less than 5 year in a busy organization and must have sound knowledge of using accounting packages such as SAGE EVOLUTION.
- Must have high level of integrity, honesty, maturity, diligence, good attitude and commitments towards work
- Must have ability to work against tight deadlines in a multi-donor and multi program environment.
- Have a valid driver’s License.
How to apply
Applications must include a motivation letter, an updated CV, Names and contact details of three traceable referees and photocopies of certificates.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
Find Your Feet
P. O. Box 20312
Closing date: 12th February, 2024.
Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) is a regrettable and pervasive issue with far-reaching and devastating
consequences for its victims. At Find Your Feet (FYF), we are steadfast in our belief in the dignity and
respect of every individual. Safeguarding against any form of harm and abuse is our paramount concern.
Our objective in implementing this policy is to cultivate a culture of accountability, transparency, and
trust. Our Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) policy underscores the importance of
all individuals connected to our organization adhering to the highest ethical standards. It is imperative
that we all comprehend our roles and responsibilities in preventing SEA, and that we work collectively
to establish an environment where individuals can report incidents without fear of reprisal.
Find Your Feet is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.