The position holder carries out efficient and effective procurement of supplies, equipment, and service contracts, administration, and fleet management to support Project HOPE Namibia (PHN) functions. S/he will maintain operations files as required by the donors and PHN.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Procurement and Inventory Management
- Support the Director of Finance & Administration by managing and advising on the procurement and logistic process, and ensuring that the ANAPA office and program procurements are carried out in a transparent way that promotes the integrity and efficiency of PHN operations.
- Provide the financial and administration team with the necessary information to ensure that open, competitive processes are used during the procurement process, and complies with all PHN and USAID policies and procedures related to the purchase of goods and service.
- Managing procurement of supplies, equipment, and services to support ANAPA project implementation.
- Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure that inventories are kept for all project assets and ensuring that assets are properly maintained.
- Ensure that proper purchase order information is tracked and entered into appropriate systems.
- Maintain daily vehicle movement schedule, records, assign all mechanical transport as required and provide a daily movement schedule by the close of business the previous day.
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training as required. This includes making recommendations to terminate drivers if necessary.
- Assess any external garages which are being used by the organization to ensure they can and are providing sufficient support to the organization fleet at an acceptable cost.
- Work with the government transportation authorities and insurance companies to ensure that correct documentation is held for all vehicles.
- Maintain comprehensive vehicle maintenance records and a plan for maintenance schedules.
- Conduct training and daily vehicle inspections along with drivers and mechanics to monitor the use of vehicles through logbook management.
- Ensure that all drivers are correctly licensed and that all vehicles have spare tires, first aid kits, emergency tool kit, emergency contact numbers, internal vehicle numbers and PHN branding.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all PHN’s fleet in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Provide back up support to the Administration officers and Assistants to ensure smooth and proper support to staff for all logistical matters.
- Ensure all service sub-contracts for external service providers, including fuel, rentals, vehicle repairs, hotels, security, CUG, Telephones, etc, are up to date.
- Liaise with admin staff personnel to provide pick up and drop off support to incoming and outgoing staff and guests from embarkation and disembarkation points.
- Perform liaison functions with all landlords and engage them for all necessary works and amendments to the lease agreements.
- Provide support in collection of VAT documents for submission to USAID by Finance.
- Obtain VAT exemptions. and all other documentation required for each procurement in compliance with USAID and PHN regulations and maintain communication with the authorities to seek guidance on financial and contractual issues.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in Logistics/ Procurement/Administration.
- At least 3 years professional experience in procurement/logistics management
- Experience working on a large-scale ($10 million or larger) project preferred, and familiarity donor project management policies, procedures and requirements, particularly USAID contracts strongly preferred.
- Good knowledge of local tax laws.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required.
- Strong planning, analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Computer skills.
- Ability of work independently with minimum supervision in tight deadline driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- High level of integrity
- Ability to negotiate with vendors in a transparent, arm-length manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative, proactive attitude, and a team player