The ES Specialist will play a pivotal role in driving economic strengthening initiatives within the ANAPA Project. This position will focus on developing and implementing evidence-based interventions to enhance the economic well-being of Adolescent Girls, Young Women and their families. Under the guidance of the Technical lead of AGYW and Prevention Services, the Technical Specialist Economic Strengthening will be responsible for supporting and managing the technical implementation of the household economic strengthening aspects of the USAID funded Ana ndi Achinyamata Patsogolo project in 8 districts in the Southern Region of Malawi and Lilongwe in the Central. The role is critical in the translation of OVC and DREAMS Program household economic strengthening plans into activities, outputs, outcomes that ensure adolescent girls and young women and their families are thriving and resilient.
- Lead the design and development of innovative, cost-effective, and evidence-based ES approach of ANAPA.
- Lead the development of the ES component of ANAPA work plan.
- Oversee the implementation of ES interventions, ensuring fidelity to implementation.
- Lead the development and oversee implementation of private sector engagement strategy.
- Lead the development and oversee implementation of mentoring/coaching strategy for VCAY engaged in entrepreneurship/wage employment.
- Lead the conduct of labour markert assessment and ensure utilization of the findings to identify growing markets for entrepreneurship/wage employment.
- Provide technical assistance and training to project staff and partners on ES strategies.
- Collaborate with Ministry of Youth for the adoption of evidence-based ES approach at national level.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen multisectoral coordination and collaboration mechanisms for ES.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of ES interventions and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the M&E Managers to ensure robust monitoring and evaluation of ES activities.
- Contribute to the development of project reports and documentation.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the AGYW Technical Lead .
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Business Management, Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in economic strengthening programs, preferably in the context of youth and adolescent development.
- Practical knowledge of the OVC and DREAMS programs preferred.
- Practical knowledge of the Siyakha Model preferred
- Proven experience in private sector engagement and partnership development.
- Strong knowledge of financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and livelihood development.
- Practical experience in entrepreneurship.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.