To provide supervision, coordination, and control over general administrative support functions of the ANAPA project management office, including front office management.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage petty cash and utility payments, office cleanliness, and office security.
- Supervises the maintenance of area premises and environment to always ensure its cleanliness and repairs.
- Supervise the maintenance and ensure function of generator and all other electrical fixtures e.g., bulbs of office premises.
- Ensure office security and all security procedures are in place, adhered to and report any security matters to your supervisor for attention and communication.
- Handle ANAPA Office impress and ensure timely payments and replenishment.
- Ensure timely payment of all received utilities e.g., water, electricity AND place requests for payment.
- Ensures timely and proper set-up of meeting/board rooms and venues for meetings.
- Makes sure that kitchen supplies are always available by monitoring their usage and arranging for their replacement timely.
- Ensures quality service levels for staff welfare such as break teas, during meetings.
- Carry out administrative secretarial activities, in accordance with the instructions of the Chief of Party and Project Hope Namibia-ANAPA rules and protocols to ensure effective administrative support to ANAPA office staff.
- Manage bookings of conference rooms.
- Manage all incoming/outgoing mail/parcels/faxes, and ensure they are correctly recorded and distributed to their internal or external recipients.
- Manage office supplies inventory such as toners/ink, stationery, etc., and place orders on time to avoid running out.
- Supervise the printing of copies and binding of documents.
- Meet and greet guests and visitors, ensuring that everything is clean and in good repair in the reception area.
- Help organize internal and external events (meetings, presentations, etc.), send invitations, coordinate ordering of snacks or meals whenever necessary.
- Work with Logistics Officers to Plan and organize travel and accommodation when required.
- Supervise cleaners, gardeners, and security guards.
Stores & Assets Management
- Maintain updated office assets and inventory registers.
- Issue out equipment and office supplies upon requisition by staff.
- Maintain a stores ledger and reconciliations of all stock
- Receive and inspect goods as they are delivered prior to dispatch or storage.
- Ensure proper marking and branding of all company assets in compliance with the procurement and inventory policy.
- Regularly ensure that all administrative activities are documented (also by taking adequate minutes during meetings), analyzed and reported.
- Regularly report on security, generator, utilities to your supervisor for sharing with management
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- University degree/ diploma qualification in relevant studies such as: Business Administration & Management.
- 2 Years experience in any area related to office administrative support.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required.
- Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities.
- Ability to take initiative with projects to work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Knowledge.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service abilities required.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines.