Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
Please apply by February 7th, 2024
Reporting to: Leaf Processing Lead
The position is responsible for developing and implementing preventive maintenance programs, managing equipment repairs, overseeing a team of maintenance technicians, developing maintanance budget/Plan, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, and optimizing plant efficiency. Additionally, the position ensures compliance to ISO processes and procedures and implementation of Integrated Automation Control Systems (IACS) Standards. The ideal candidate should possess a strong technical background, leadership skills, and a proactive approach to plant maintenance to ensure continuous operational success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and manage preventive maintenance programs for plant equipment and machinery to minimize downtime and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Oversee and coordinate repairs and maintenance activities, ensuring timely and effective resolution of equipment issues to support uninterrupted plant operations.
- Lead and manage a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Ensure compliance with set policies and procedures, i.e. Machine safety standards and regulations, World class maintenance procedures and ISO standards
- Work towards optimizing plant performance by identifying areas for improvement, implementing efficiency-enhancing measures, and reducing operational costs.
- Support development of annual strategic plan (CAPEX) including managing maintenance budgets, tracking expenses, and ensuring cost-effective utilization of resources while maintaining high-quality standards.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a team delivering engineering activities.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in SAP ERP, PLC programing, Microsoft Project, Industrial networking are added advantage
- Excellent analytical skills with a high affinity for numbers.
- Strong, Leadership, Problem solving, People Management, and, Planning and Organizational Skills.