About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
The Feed the Future Malawi Growth Poles Project overall goal is to accelerate environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable, resilient, and more inclusive wealth generation in Malawi by mobilizing rural-based private sector investments and partnerships with anchor firms and their surrounding communities, smallholder organizations, cooperatives, and MSMEs in a growth pole approach, with a focus on ensuring benefits are inclusive of smallholders, youth, and women.
Growth Poles Project would like to fill the following position:
The Finance Officer’s responsibility is to process all accounting transactions and to provide financial support to the project finance unit. The Finance Officer will assist in managing transactions related to the disbursement and liquidation of Project Staff Advances and Field Program Advances administered by FtF-Growth Poles Project. The Finance Officer works closely with all the members of the project team under the supervision of the Finance and Operations Director.
Duty Station : Lilongwe, Malawi
Reporting to : Finance & Operations Director
- Review financial/payment documents such as advance requests, invoices, PAF, expense reports and purchase orders to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data.
- Enter program expenditure transactions in the financial system and ensure the accounting transactions are coded correctly.
- Prepare Tax returns to Malawi Revenue Authority and issue certificates to all suppliers deducting withholding tax.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial reports, Prepare weekly field voucher reports for Finance Manager and FOD review before submission to HO.
- Scan and upload transaction supporting documentation in the financial system.
- Maintain, monitor and disburse funds from the project bank account in accordance with project financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all accounting documents are filed on a timely basis and proper accounting records are maintained and are compatible with standard accounting practice.
- Manage and disburse petty cash, maintaining account transaction records and supporting documentation.
- Assist FOD in budget development, cash flow forecasting and expenditure tracking.
- Process payment of Utilities, Staff Insurance, PAYE, withholding taxes and other payments on a timely basis.
- Prepare payments through online platform.
- As necessary, assist with financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Malawi law.
- Prepare quarterly VAT refund claims and supporting documentation for reporting to USAID and onward processing with Malawi Revenue Authority.
- Perform any other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Manager which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
- 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in providing financial management support, financial auditing and reporting in a local or international NGO; Previous USAID or Other Donor funded programs experience and demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is highly preferred.
- A University Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration or minimum accounting level 2 professional accreditation is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong inter-personal skills is a plus; Demonstrated sound judgment, statistical knowledge, analytical mind, attention to detail and integrity are required; High level knowledge of internet-based accounting packages; Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel); Experience of maintaining spreadsheets.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must send their Curriculum Vitae with cover letter and copies of certificates to:
HR@ftfagdiv.com indicating position in the subject line or hand deliver to: The Finance & Operations Director, Feed the Future Malawi Growth Poles Project, Area 3/121, Laws Avenue, Off Colby Street, Lilongwe, Malawi by 13:30 hours on Friday, 16th February, 2024. Late applications will not be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interviews.