Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a non-profit, independent international humanitarian organization committed to delivering medical aid to populations facing crises, with a steadfast commitment to impartiality and without regard to race, religion, creed, or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF collaborates closely with the Ministry of Health and the local community, particularly in the Cervical Cancer project in the Blantyre district, as well as the CBO Project in Zalewa and Dedza District.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre Cervical Cancer Project Office: TRUCK DRIVER -DAILY WORKER POOL
Workplace : Blantyre
Type of contract : Daily Worker Pool
Start date : February 2024
Main purpose of the position
Ensuring efficient, correct and safe transport and timely delivery of authorized goods, medical products and passengers using a motor vehicle of more than 3.5 tons or other specialised vehicles requiring special driving licenses/training ensuring the technical and safety conditions in accordance with the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules.
- Being responsible for the vehicle and its contents and for the safe delivery of goods being transported. Performing or verifying the safe and correct loading and unloading, ensuring the loads are balanced and are properly secured and protected
- Providing first level maintenance of the vehicle and engine, i.e. controlling the state of the vehicle and ensuring its daily check which includes the following: levels of fuel, engine oil, coolant, brake liquid, windows washing liquid as well as the cleanliness of the radiator grill, the state of the tires, radio equipment, etc. Performing basic repairs if needed.
- Operating different types of vehicles (truck, tractor trailer) and handling equipment or engines such as trolleys, pallet trucks and forklifts Determining the route and the timetable to follow or respect those that have been provided beforehand
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents are valid and available in the vehicle and that all goods and passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling. Ensuring that all administrative documents are properly filled in at all times (transport documents, customs formalities, accident report, reception and delivery forms)
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, and call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, following and applying security instructions and adapting the driving according to external factors such as weather conditions, the traffic rules in the country, the itinerary, in city or highway, day or night and the traffic density
Additional duties for the Truck Driver:
- Assisting the team with Truck preparation (Genset, tent, chairs, ladder set up etc.)
- Crowd control
- Support with client flow
- Ensuring safety and security of items
|Essential permanent and recognised driving license for heavy vehicles of more than 3.5 tons (trucks) and all the required documents for driving a vehicle such as insurance, permit and list of the radio frequencies HF, VHF, maps)
|At least 2 years’ experience in driving heavy vehicles of more than 3.5 tons. Familiar with the use of 4WD and diff locks
Previous experience with similar positions with other organizations
|Chichewa spoken, English spoken and written
|Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics Good knowledge of mission area roads
Documents to provide:
- Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 9th February 2024
Application should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Médecins sans Frontières France
P.O. Box 2736, Blantyre
And submitted ONLY through email to: email@example.com with in subject: TRUCK DRIVER_DAILY WORKER POOL, Full Name (Indicate only the Position and Your Full Name as part of the Subject Line of the email). NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal opportunity employer: all applicants will be equally considered under the same criteria and expectations. MSF does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees: if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration on email: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible