Malawi College of Accountancy (MCA)
The Malawi College of Accountancy (MCA) is an autonomous statutory corporation established by The Education Act (CAP.30:01) through a Government Order entitled “Malawi College of Accountancy (Board of Governors) Order 1980”, Government Notice number 164.
The College is responsible for the provision of training services in accounting and related fields. Presently, the MCA operates from three centers i.e. Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu.
Malawi College of Accountancy is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Principal:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
Expert as is otherwise expressly provided by order, the Principal shall, subject to any general or specific directions given by the Board, be the Chief Executive Officer in control of the organisation and the day-to-day management of the College.
S/he shall be responsible for providing policy and strategic direction to the College and for coordination of all its activities and ensuring that these are within the strategic objectives of the College. This is a very senior and responsible position at Grade MCA1, and the incumbent will report directly to the Board.
To provide strategic leadership to the College in implementing corporate policies, work plans and management of human, financial and other resources as approved by the Board.
- Providing leadership for the formulation of overall policies, strategies, annual work plans and budget and creating appropriate climate for continuous service delivery improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating operations of specific departments and performance of directors.
- Setting the tone in championing corporate governance, risk management and internal control processes.
- Liaising with government, donor agencies, external bodies and other key stakeholders in matters relevant to general policy or operational and professional direction on behalf of the College.
- Preparing and presenting appropriate reports to the Board and Government as required from time to time.
- Championing strategic change management to ensure alignment of resources, processes and systems to strategy.
- Advising Government on professional training industry trend and any other effects that have a major bearing on the operation of the College, and where necessary, proposing new strategies that would enable the College respond effectively to the changing professional environment.
- Answering related queries to College’s operation matters referred to him/her
- Any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Board or Government.
- A minimum of Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in either Management, Business Administration, Finance or any relevant field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- At least ten years’ experience at management level at an institution of higher learning
- Applicants must be a self-starter, fluent in English, have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office and google suite
The successful candidate shall be offered a performance related contract of Three (3) years renewable based on satisfactory performance with an attractive salary and benefits commensurate with the seniority of the role based on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons meeting the requirements highlighted above should submit their applications under confidential cover by including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), with names and contact details of three traceable professional referees and a copy of the National Identity by post to the address below no later than 12th February, 2024.
The Comptroller of Statutory Corporations
P.O Box 30061
Physical address: Capitol Hill, GOCH 7 (new building), Ground Floor.