Center for the Development of People (CEDEP)
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Reporting to: Finance & Administration Manager
Physical Location: Lilongwe
Center for the Development of People (CEDEP) is a registered human rights organization dedicated to addressing the needs, improving the lives, and providing support for some Malawi’s most neglected minority groups through civic education, training, capacity building, networking and research.
CEDEP therefore seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced Malawian for the position of Human Resources & Admin Officer to manage HR and other administrative issues.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborating with management to establish direction and implement a comprehensive medium and long-term HR strategy, fostering business performance and supporting effective change management.
- Spearheading sustainable staff skills development and retention strategies aligned with organization goals.
- Overseeing staff reward and remuneration plans to ensure alignment for optimal performance.
- Driving HR performance to meet minimum standards and ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements in accordance with Malawi’s laws.
- Coaching and oversee the competence development of line managers and coordinators on HR issues.
- Upholding and adhere to CEDEP procedures, policies, and guidelines, including those related to Safeguarding, Risk Management.
- Resolving employee relations issues and address grievances.
- Identifying and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track performance and influence improvement.
Administration and Management
- To manage contracts for offices and all assets that are procured for the organization
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for all staff which include transport, venue bookings for trainings, and accommodations
- Provides advice and guidance in administrative matters to projects and management of contracts.
- Contributes to the identification of efficient daily working tracks, innovative processes and procedures geared towards the improvement of current working practices
- Facilitates and supports the procurement process of equipment, services and other items
- Oversee the management of stores for the main office where different items are kept
- Manage and up-dating Asset Register by tracking all new property acquisition, disposals and movements.
- To truck all maintenance of all equipment and assets for the organization.
- Degree in (HRM, Business Administration)
- 5-7 years senior management experience in an NGO.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
Method of Application
Applications should contain: A letter of application, curriculum vitae, and copies of academic certificates. Indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for. Applications should be sent to the following address to be received on or before 12:00 pm, 15th December 2023. Applications must be sent to:
The Executive Director
Centre for the Development of People (CEDEP)
Area 47/3 Ng’ombe Kwawa Avenue
P.O. Box 3251