Smile Life Insurance Company
Smile Life Insurance Company is registered and regulated by Reserve Bank of Malawi as an insurance company.
The company’s mission is to provide innovative and affordable life insurance products that are relevant and timely, to institutions, individuals and other stake holders.
Purpose of the job
To ensure that ICT systems and equipment remain up to date, running and effectively utilized.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and review ICT policies, plans, systems, user manuals and strategies.
- Guide, monitor and coordinate activities of ICT related consultants.
- Provide technical and user support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network faults.
- Provide relevant data and equipment security including backup systems.
- Maintain ICT inventory in liaison with Administration.
- Monitor performance of ICT infrastructure and engaging in preventive maintenance.
- Develop, maintain and update website for the company.
- Prepare ICT reports.
- Develop departmental budgets and monitor its implementation
- Allocate work and appraise sectional staff.
- Ensure systems audit in line with regulatory requirements
- Assigned any other work from time to time.
Academic and Profession Qualifications
The ideal candidate must have a minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, or Business Information Technology. The candidate must have five (5) years of relevant hands-on work experience.
- Be assertive, decisive, innovative, self-motivated and natural team builder
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to design and deploy new IT systems and services
- Have excellent knowledge in monitoring performance of information technology system to determine cost and productivity levels and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Be experienced in troubleshooting hardware and software issues related to internal IT Possess excellent knowledge of computer system, security, network and system administration, database and data storage system and phone system
- Be able to run regular checks on network and data security
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications, including detailed CV with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
The Chief Executive Officer using the email below:
Closing date for receiving applications is 22nd November, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.