Public Private Partnership Commission (PPPC)
The Public Private Partnership Commission (PPPC) was established by an Act of Parliament; the Public Private Partnership (PPP) Act, No.23 of May 2022, to support and facilitate the development of public infrastructure
and services through public private partnership (PPP) arrangements.
Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), seeking to improve access to services, are primarily responsible for initiation, screening and selection of infrastructure projects for development as PPP
projects within the framework of Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP) managed by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs.
The PPPC is seeking to engage visionary, dynamic, self-motivated, highly innovative and suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
PROJECT SPECIALIST (FINANCE AND MODELLING)
Key duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking financial analysis and fiscal contingent liability analysis of PPP projects during project proposal stage, feasibility study stage, as well as project agreement stage;
- Preparing PPP Projects budgets and reporting on the use of Project Development Funds;
- Planning, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing all financial aspects of PPP project activities;
- Financial structuring and financial modelling of PPP Projects, through transaction advisors;
- Preparing financial proposal documents for funding;
- Preparing quarterly projects progress reports;
- Working with Procurement on preparation of Requests for Proposals, and on evaluation of consultants;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design the optimal structure for PPP projects. This includes determining the appropriate financing mechanisms, risk allocation between the public and private sectors, and establishing contractual frameworks.
- Overseeing the project appraisal to evaluate the feasibility and viability of proposed PPP projects. This includes assessing potential risks, analysing cost-benefit ratios, evaluating long-term sustainability, reviewing financial models, affordability, financial viability and attractiveness of PPP projects.
- Effectively manage project budgets and resources, including internal teams, external vendors, and contractors.
Required qualifications, skills and experience.
- Degree in Economics or Finance from a recognised institution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must. Those with Financial Modelling skills or certification will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience
Interested candidates should send their applications together with complete Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Public Private Partnership Commission
P.O. Box 937
Or email: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is 24th November 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.