British High Commission
Main purpose of job:
Carry out general maintenance work in all High Commission properties, working to agreed maintenance programmes and responding to emergency requests as required, to standards required by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Complete all required maintenance tasks for all properties within agreed time frames and to agreed standards
- Ensure relevant contractors meet the requirements of the contracts in terms of work done and agreed time frames.
- Manage inventory of all High Commission work equipment, including maintenance tools, ladders and steps.
- Ensure effective supervision of contractors at High Commission properties as appropriate
- Carry out duties related to distribution of goods and assets within properties
- Assemble, install and repair furniture fixtures and hardware
- Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used in all the stores.
- Assist in setting up and arranging for events or meetings.
- Assist new staff during move in process for new occupants.
- Maintain trash and recycling receptacles around the office
- Assist in completing and maintaining records of various routine inspections required under Health & Safety regulations
- Assist in disposing of assets when needed
- Keep a inventory record of all furniture stored in the High Commission
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the line manager
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- At least 2 years previous experience in a civil work or facility management role to include maintenance
- Technical Craft Certificate or proven experience
- Good spoken English Language both verbal and written
- Basic computer literacy
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
Valid Malawi driving license
Qualification in plumbing