Malawi Broadcasting Corporation
MBC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and business oriented persons to fill vacant position existing in its Commercial Services Department as follows:
PRINCIPAL SALES AND MARKETING OFFICERS (5 POSITIONS)
The key purpose of the job will be to generate revenue for the Corporation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Conduct market intelligence to derive information for Management’s decisions.
- Manage client portfolios by approaching them through new leads, cold calls, existing relationships, promotional events and other means.
- Deliver a skilled pitch to potential clients in an effort to secure sales using statistics on viewership and listenership.
- Persuade clients to purchase MBC advertising airtime/products.
- Grow business through selling of special sponsored programmes and auxiliary services.
- Facilitate successful sales by collecting clients information and providing order information to the Corporation.
- Track every airtime purchase and ensures that it is completed accurately and on time.
- Build cross functional relationships in order to penetrate the market by focusing on executive engagement.
- Manage and nurture client relationships in the executive portfolio.
- Negotiate and process advertising and commercial agreements, contracts and MOUs in line with MBC’s credit control and discount policy or revenue maximization.
- Secure new business by presenting marketing solutions, and creating relevant campaigns that maximize their returns.
- Assist in developing new revenue streams and overseeing their execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Sales or its equivalent from a reputable institution
- A member of the Institute of Marketing in Malawi (IMM).
- At least five years’ work experience in a similar field.
Interested Candidates should send their applications, updated Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees and copies of certificates not later than 30th September 2023 to:
The Director General,
Malawi Broadcasting Corporation,
P.O. Box 30133,
CHICHIRI, BLANTYRE 3.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for the interviews
MBC is an equal opportunity employer