Management Solutions Consulting (Mw) Limited
Management Solutions Consulting (Mw) Limited’s Client, a conglomerate with a diversified trading portfolio serving a strategic local clientele, seeks to engage through a competitive and transparent executive search and recruitment service, dynamic, highly adaptable, innovative and results-oriented Malawian business executives to fill the following vacancy located in Lilongwe:
This is a challenging and exciting senior position requiring the services of multi-skilled, highly motivated, commercially-oriented/business-driven, people-oriented and customer-focused individuals.
The successful candidates are expected to be pragmatic business practitioners with leading-edge skills in all aspects of “Global Best-Practice” within their core areas of competence. Once recruited, the incumbents will join and strengthen a dynamic and multi-skilled team of experts dedicated to the new Strategic Vision of the organization. Once in post, the incumbents will join the senior management team in implementing a newly developed turnaround strategy aimed at strategically repositioning the Group towards improved service quality, operational efficiency/effectiveness, business competitiveness, commercial viability, and overall profitability to enhance shareholder value.
With dual reporting lines to the Group Chief Executive Officer and the Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall leadership, guidance, direction and general management of one of the key subsidiary companies of the Group to reposition it towards improved operational efficiency/effectiveness, business competitiveness and profitability with a focus on enhancing shareholder value through sustainable growth and expansion.
- Strategic planning and effective implementation of approved company policies and business strategies;
- Preparation of annual budgets and plans for the company and ensuring their successful accomplishment within the Board approved budgetary ceilings;
- Implementation of effective financial and operational policies to improve the performance of the company with a view to enhancing shareholder value;
- Leading the company’s product diversification drive and ensuring that the company has uninterrupted, timely and efficient supply of products to its shops and wholesale customers nationwide;
- Initiating, developing and monitoring the implementation of innovative and sustainable marketing strategies to boost sales;
- Ensuring that the company has a well-motivated human resource compliment geared towards offering unparalleled and superior services to its customers;
- Undertaking change management processes and leading the organization’s teams towards achievement of goals and objectives by enhancing team work and employee empowerment;
- Development of key performance indicators, setting performance targets and conducting periodic and annual performance assessment of staff, departments and sections of the company;
- Supervising all categories of company personnel and ensuring that assigned performance targets are successfully achieved; and
- Initiating business contracts and ensuring that supply contracts are efficiently and effectively managed to customer satisfaction at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
This position requires a highly motivated person with the following core attributes:
- Masters’ Degree or a relevant qualification in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Marketing/Sales, Agribusiness, Finance, or any relevant field from a recognized university;
- 10 years’ experience at senior/executive management level in a commercially-oriented, trading or agri-business entity;
- Sound leadership, supervisory and business management skills with a proven track record in organizational change management;
- Effective negotiation and strategic deal-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Self-starter and must demonstrate interest and proven ability to solve problems without supervision;
- Excellent inter-personal people-management skills;
- Computer literate/hands-on IT knowledge; and
- Proven record of knowledge and ability to deal with disciplines of marketing, finance, logistics and customer service.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in taking up the challenging and exciting position, we are ready for you. Urgently submit by email only your application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of at least 3 traceable referees, and day telephone numbers before close of business on Friday 29th September 2023, to the following email address:
Please note that Management Solutions Consulting (Mw) Limited’s Client is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged