Location: Mzuzu (Physical)
Contract type: One Year (Renewable)
ABOUT MZUZU E-HUB
Mzuzu E-Hub is a social enterprise registered under company’s incorporation Act TMBRS 1010145 based in Mzuzu, Malawi that was established with the aim of building a community of entrepreneurs creating innovative solutions for their communities to foster job creation and poverty eradication. We provide coworking space, business incubation and technical assistance to start up and emerging enterprises by linking them to a network of services for growth and success. We facilitate this through skills and knowledge transfer, information sharing and provide access to resources, opportunities and networking platforms.
Since inception in 2017, Mzuzu E-Hub has grown tremendously and expanded staff and operations hence seeking a Technology Integration Coordinator to play a leading role in helping us manage the coordination of technology skills transfer for children, youth and the elderly under the Media information literacy education (MILE) program. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate solid non-profit experience and passion towards technology, education, youth empowerment and enterprise support.
The Technology Integration Coordinator will work to support a dynamic and vibrant program
implementation team towards planning, organizing and implementing technology integration activities. The Technology Integration Coordinator is expected to provide sound technology integration advice to both internal and external stakeholders, and support all technical functions of the Mzuzu E-Hub. The Technology Integration coordinator position is a full time, regular position and reports to and works closely with the Managing Director.
Technology skills transfer
- To support the implementation of the Media information literacy education (MILE) program
which aims at enhancing digital literacy amongst children, youth, women and elderly across
- To support the development of learning manuals and action plan for content delivery
- To facilitate digital skills and knowledge transfer whilst creating an impactful learning experience for trainees, improving their digital skills, confidence and capability.
- To work with trainees to inspire, create and monitor their individual leaning plans
- To develop digital tools and learning materials for use within Mzuzu E-Hub and all staff that will facilitate the effective implementation of adopted digital platforms
- To develop and implement a calendar for training of trainers for all staff and partners engaged in implementation of technology skills transfer interventions
- To review the technology skills transfer learning content from time to time to remain relevant and updated
- To facilitate assessment of trainee’s performance as they undergo various learning phases
Awareness and sensitization
- To facilitate local outreach and promotion of all the digital learning centres (Mzuzu, Karonga and Rumphi), helping to create partnerships and seek opportunities
- To maintain rapport with teams responsible for promoting technology integration, ensuring
knowledge and awareness through workshops, surveys and gap analysis
- To collaborate with Communication and Engagement team on developing content for marketing available trainings, learning schedules and updating the database of beneficiaries enrolled into various programs
- To provide personal and professional support, building skills for the future workplace within the Mzuzu E-hub
- In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator, develop strategic
plans and set timelines for the development, evaluation and deployment of all digital tools to strengthen Mzuzu E-hub training systems and outputs
- To provide support with current trends in technology and innovation tools
- To assist with developing technology integration learning platforms i.e., e-learning platforms
- To assist fellow staff towards creation of customised personal ICT development plans at all levels of the organisation
- To assist with any ICT related duties assigned from time to time
The Technology Integration Coordinator will oversee the Technology Integration department with full responsibility to support the following staff including:
• Technology Integration Officer- Karonga
• Technology Integration Officer- Rumphi
Experience and Academic Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in an entry level or mid-level management position supporting a non-profit/social enterprise
- Experience in technology skills and knowledge transfer especially focusing on introduction to computers-End User Computing, Graphic Design, Computer Programming, and Digital Marketing.
- University degree in computer science or ICT from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Preferably a registered trainer/training facilitator from a recognised institution
Expertise and Skills
- Excellent planning, organising and facilitation skills including the ability to meet strict deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Knowledge of and experience in programming. Demonstrated experience in multiple programming languages will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to create and implement new information, communication and technology systems that keep the organisation running smoothly
- Strong assessment and analysis experience and high level of interesting in emerging technologies and community adoption
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in preparing for and coordinating ICT system and process audits.
- Fluency in English, Chichewa and Tumbuka
- Experience in scheduling and organizing events.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Enthusiasm for working with youth and vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge and interest in technology and innovation, and commitment to the mission and goals of the Mzuzu E-Hub
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outline why you would like to work with Mzuzu E-Hub
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- List of three traceable referees
Email: [email protected]
Please include Technology Integration Coordinator in the subject line. Applications close on 5th June 2023
To learn more about the Mzuzu E-Hub, please visit our website https://www.mzuzuehub.org
Mzuzu Entrepreneur hub is an equal and inclusive employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Mzuzu E-Hub will offer a modest salary based on one’s experience and qualification and is
open to negotiation