Malawi Electoral Commission
The Malawi Electoral Commission, “the Commission”, is a body created under Section 75(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Malawi, to supervise, direct and preside over the conduct of all elections in Malawi. In accordance with Section 13 of the Electoral Commission Act, the Commission seeks to appoint suitably qualified persons with relevant experience to fill the following vacant positions that exist within its secretariat:
Job Title : Senior Networks Administrator
Grade : C5
Responsible to : ICT Manager
To lead in the design and implementation of ICT networks, communication systems and IT Infrastructure to
facilitate MC operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Networks Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day management of MEC’s computer networks and hardware systems and for developing long-term plans for MEC’s IT infrastructure. This will include upgrading existing systems or purchasing new equipment to improve performance.
- Monitoring computer networks and systems in terms of performance and security breaches.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the company’s computer network system to ensure optimal performance.
- Assisting in planning, implementing, and maintaining computer networks and iT infrastructure and services.
- Planning and coordinating technical support to help users.
- Planning and coordinating IT infrastructure upgrades.
- Creating documentation on IT infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing security measures to protect infrastructure from unauthorized access and theft
- Development of specifications for procurement of ICT Infrastructure, equipment and services.
Requisite Academic Qualifications and Experience Desired
- Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Networks or any IT-related field.
- Minimum of Three (3+)years experience in a senior network administration role.
- Certified Information Systems Security Profession (CISSP) or Cisco Certified Network
- Professional (CCNP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified IT Profession (MCITP) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2016 or later.
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- In-depth knowledge, of the CP/ IP protocol suite; Security Architecture; and securing and handling operating systems;
- Operational knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and application virtualization.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should submit the following:
- Cover letter with brief details on their suitability
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contacts of three traceable referees
- Certified copies of certificates
Applications must be clearly marked on the envelope or the email headline with title of the position applied for and submitted to the following address not later than Friday, 24th March 2023
The Chief Elections Officer
Malawi Electoral Commission
Private Bag 113
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. The Malawi Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply